EMU Emax

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
My homey just picked up an EMU EMax for 20bucks, and he doesn't know how to fuck with it, so he let me have it. From what I understand it samples at a lower bit rate and makes them sound crunchy like an SP1200. Anybody mess with it? I can't wait to fuck with it.

May 2, 2002
let me give you a different address, hit me on the email, potna.

I found out we have an idiot for a mailman at one of the addresses I've been givin folks. I'll explain via email.

Aug 12, 2002
Honestly, if you have another sampler, this one will be a waste. You can get a gritty 12bit sound with almost any software package. In fact, it takes about 3 lines of code to perform a quick quantization to 12bits.

So, look into the numerous free plugins for DirectX or VST that perform this...

-=bumpus=-

May 2, 2002
you're right, I've done that type of manipulation with software before. I came up on this one for free though (my buddy paid the 20 bucks). It seems the memory is fucked up, and I don't really think it's worth it to spend the time and money to try and get it fixed. Thanks for the replies.

May 13, 2002
^^^ depends on if its a emax1 or emax2 if its gray then its 1 if its black then its a 2, big difference in sound quality also later 2s had sterio sampling

May 13, 2002
aslo emax 1's came with alalog filters which gives you a nice sound like the gangstar albums you can come close to this sound with a computer but its not the same