Eminent Domain, that's what the econmy and our society in general need right now!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 10, 2002
Environmental cleanup, and wind energy on the coasts and throughout the Midwest.

Should US Govt do that?

Will it?

Dec 25, 2003
I had to sue on behalf of my grandfather to stop an eminent domain claim against his land by a wealthy landowner.

After all that fucking hassle, money, and skullduggery, I am firmly opposed.

Some hippie builds a water wheel and now he owns the farm? Nah.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
How are you going to power this country in 20 years if you don't build renewable energy infrastructure? Not that it is being build right now at the rate it should. The stimulus package contains something like 0.5% devoted to these purposes and the majority of it devoted to saving the banks. Talking about tragic misallocation of resources...

But anyway, if you are opposed to renewable energy, you are supporting your own death caused by mass starvation and chaotic violence in the midst of the biggest societal collapse ever, only a decade or two away from now.

Jul 10, 2002
Chavez is gankin' his citizens property left and right, lots on this board seem to jock his coat tails. Why is it diff. is US gov't does the same thing?

I've heard rumors of a census down there and it's going soviet style, i.e. let's say you have a 4bdrm home, and it's just you and your wife. You may be getting 3 more roomates, b/c of the empty rooms in the house....

At least if they do it here, it can kill two birds with one stone. The gov't 'buys' peoples homes to set up these windfarms. They payoff the old loans, some walk away with a profit, others who are underwater just get to walk away. This can create a new demand for the declining housing market as their homes will be destroyed, thus inventory drops, they buy all the bank owned REO's, foreclosure, pre/forclosure, short-sale properties, recover the housing market, create new jobs for a brand new industry, that has a benevolent impact on the enviornment and saves the economy. Yay, I got the game winning idea!