Eminem In Negotiations To Copy Proof New LP

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Eminem, Universal and Interscope Records are in negotiations to make Eminem's 3rd LP, "The Eminem Show," copy proof. If approved, the LP would be the most significant release embedded with the technology, being adopted by major labels to combat consumer piracy. Universal is using technology developed by an Israeli based company, Midbar.

Consumers have complained that the copy protected CD's only play on home stereos. The CD's have had documented problems playing on personal walkman's, computer systems and car stereo's. The labels have acknowledged that they are aware of these problems, and that they are developing better standards for the copy protected CD's. If Eminem and the label's come to an agreement, they would need to do so within the next two weeks to meet the manufacturing deadlines for the June 3rd release date.

Universal has also limited the availability of Eminem's single, "Without Me," to ensure it does not "fall into the wrong hands." The music industry has long blamed file swapping services such as Kazaa, Morpheus, Napster and Audiogalaxy for a sharp decline in CD purchasing and a rise in bootlegging. A survey released by Jupiter Media Matrix, on Friday says that Internet users who download songs for free from these unauthorized services are more likely to increase their music purchases that Internet users who don't download music at all.

Thirty four percent of all peer to peer users said they spent more on music than they did before they used the services, the report said. 15 percent said they spent less. Those online who didn't use the services at all said that they were less likely to spend at all.

"The Internet is the greatest thing that ever happened to the music industry, and they're just missing out on cashing in on it," Aram Sinnreich told Reuters. Sinnreich authored the report, which conflicted with a survey the Recording Industry Association Of America published. Their report concluded that Internet downloads did take away music sales.

Well see what happens with this shit, it will be interesting if Em even does it.

May 6, 2002
lol, i'm listening to the cd right now.....

thats only gonna prompt bootleggers to actually make profit of the cd and start selling burned copies of the one already released, they'll be able to be played wherever...they'll be rich!

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Also I give less than a week before the copy protection is cracced. Actually it will probably be cracced on or before the cd is actually released. The entertainment industry and actually everyone needs to realize THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS COPY PROTECTION. All it is and ever will be is a delay on copying. Anything man made will have errors so then it's not fully secure. So fucc anyone trying to copy protect there albums/software/games or whatever. It's a waste of time and I'm not willing to pay the inevitable price jump to compensate for this "security". If "copy proof cds" (LOL! I find that laughable) becomes the standard I will quit buying cds. Because you can rip songs from a cd (for something like a mix cd or best of) and not be using them for bootlegging. Fucc copy protection.:mad:

Apr 26, 2002
actually the 2nd pressing of the new Cee-Lo album is copy protected as well. Funny thing is I got both versions of it. and it actually works. the 2nd one you cant burn.