Emagic Logic Audio Platinum 5

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 12, 2002
whats up

For production software, I got a Cakewalk Pro Audio 9. Its tight shit by the way, easy to use and got a lot of features to it. but Im just sick of it, I want something new.
I did my little research on www.musiciansfriend.com and I ran into the Emagic Logic Audio Platinum 5 software. To tell you the truth, I never really heard of their company. The description and features looks very beneficial and also complexed.

To the people who got this software, give me some more feedback on it. I wanna hear you're opinions, the ups and downs to it etc... Because the retail price is $700, and since its a non-returnable item its a big fuckin risk to just got out there snatch it up with no type of feedback or knowledge on it, u know.

much love

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
you actually pay for software, bahahahahahaha

nah im jokin, if you got the money go ahead but if i had 700$ shit i'd rather spend it on something more meaningfull and just jack the software.

asfar as the products quality.. performance, i have no clue, but for 700$ it better be some off the hook shiz!

pz

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
I've heard a lot of good shit about it, they just did a review in The latest Keyboard Magazine, Check that out if you haven't already. Plus you can get those Mackie Control Surfaces for the program

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i have version 4 or 4.7 im not sure i need to check. the program is DEEP. i was looking at the credits of someones album (i think it was 40) and if im not mistaking BOSKO used it alot.

i dont like how it LOOKS.........but the program IS deep and they have nice plug ins and instruments for it.

TRY B4 U BUY......

:H:

PS ALL SOFTWARE SHOULD BE FREE.

Jun 12, 2002
HERESY said:
TRY B4 U BUY......

:H:

PS ALL SOFTWARE SHOULD BE FREE.
Yeah I feel you on that one. I found this software on xolox, but the only problem is I got a 56k modem and that is gonna take about or so to download it.

But thanx one the feedback yall, appreciate it.

Jul 14, 2002
I have both Cakewalk 9 & Logic Plat 5. Logic is a more indepth program to run, and it's gonna hurt not having the support for PC's but I don't think there's anything out there that really does what Logic does for your music.

I've heard that the new Cubase is supposed to be nice kinda on the lines of Logic. Logics sequencer seems to let your parts flow nicer more of a live feel.

As far as machines crashing I used to think that Macs stand up better to this kind of application but they all crash.

Overall Logic Plat 5 is well worth the money especially if you can afford nice converters.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
does anyone know how get reason to sync with it? I got rewire but I'm having problems