Ebay sale ! have a look...Fat4ever, jayman..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
I've always wondered about that 20-2-life CD you have. Is the one you have the OG or the one by Infrared records? I bought mine in 95 or 96 and it is the Infrared version. Do you know? It would be nice to see the arguments why and why not

What is the ring code of your version?

Apr 30, 2006
I've always wondered about that 20-2-life CD you have. Is the one you have the OG or the one by Infrared records? I bought mine in 95 or 96 and it is the Infrared version. Do you know? It would be nice to see the arguments why and why not

Hi man, i think both were produced in same time ?! My ringcode : Disctronics usa *btr-1127* ifpi l791 145932-2w1-6191-a
What is your ring code ?

Mar 25, 2013

You can have more informations on Discogs.
http://www.discogs.com/20-2-Life-Up-4-Parole/master/249580

Just Open every version's page (See pictures and Descriptions), It can help identifying the version.

Jan 6, 2003
thanks, NinoB. I have checked discogs numerous times but I haven't identified which one came first or not. I don't know whether what is written there is correct or not. I have noticed that the Infrared version is described there as the OG, but I have yet to see any reasonable explanation or proof.

Jan 6, 2003
Hi man, i think both were produced in same time ?! My ringcode : Disctronics usa *btr-1127* ifpi l791 145932-2w1-6191-a
What is your ring code ?
funny thing is that the Infrared version was printed by disc Makers. the ring code is DISC MAKERS 04073 BTR1127 <01>.

also, the disc has printed DIDX024443 made in u.s.a and the cover inlay has printed manufactured and distributed by Infra-Red Records inside the front cover, on page 2. What does it say on your cover? Another thing, does your disc has any DIDX printed on the print side of the disc, not in the ring code?

Apr 30, 2006
funny thing is that the Infrared version was printed by disc Makers. the ring code is DISC MAKERS 04073 BTR1127 <01>.

also, the disc has printed DIDX024443 made in u.s.a and the cover inlay has printed manufactured and distributed by Infra-Red Records inside the front cover, on page 2. What does it say on your cover? Another thing, does your disc has any DIDX printed on the print side of the disc, not in the ring code?
Hi, sorry for the quality ;)

Jan 6, 2003
Thanks for the pics. They are more than enough for me to give a reasonable explanation.
There are obvious differences between the infrared and the inmate version.
The infrared version has a four page booklet while the inmate version has a six page booklet. The difference is an order form for other albums. This order form has the same design as the order forms included in bigtyme CDs from 96/97. The only available albums inside the inmate version were released earlier or around the same time as the album was released so I might be wrong about that. But the ring code is a disctronics code which has the exact same appearance and design/font as the wreckless Klan album released by bigtyme in 97.
My theory on this is that the infrared version is the OG while the inmate version is a rerelease from around 96/97. What do you think of my thoughts? If this is correct it'll mean that you have the second pressing. In addition, I bought my infrared version around fall 95...
But again, I don't know which one is OG or not but I have my theory now that I've seen the differences...:)

Props: 3331 and 3331
Apr 30, 2006
Thanks for the pics. They are more than enough for me to give a reasonable explanation.
There are obvious differences between the infrared and the inmate version.
The infrared version has a four page booklet while the inmate version has a six page booklet. The difference is an order form for other albums. This order form has the same design as the order forms included in bigtyme CDs from 96/97. The only available albums inside the inmate version were released earlier or around the same time as the album was released so I might be wrong about that. But the ring code is a disctronics code which has the exact same appearance and design/font as the wreckless Klan album released by bigtyme in 97.
My theory on this is that the infrared version is the OG while the inmate version is a rerelease from around 96/97. What do you think of my thoughts? If this is correct it'll mean that you have the second pressing. In addition, I bought my infrared version around fall 95...
But again, I don't know which one is OG or not but I have my theory now that I've seen the differences...:)
No doubt, you are right ! ;)

Jan 6, 2003
In my head that's a reasonable explanation, but I might be wrong. I have one magazine ad from Bigtyme records in '95, which may very well look like the one in your CD. But what really makes it for me is the fact that the ring code is the same type as Wreckless Klan, by disctronics. Bigtyme had hella different manufacturers. Either way the album is dope and it's pretty hard to find any of these two versions.