eBay News: October changes include the removal of Checks & Money Orders!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
home.comcast.net
Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
I Like It!

I know, I know! You guy's are like what? Well, let me explain. This change means that all of these fictitious accounts on eBay won't work anymore, because all buyers will be required to to have an Pay Pal account. A lot of people with these fake accounts bid on your items without any intentions of paying you and sabotage auctions all of the time. I don't know how many threads on the siccness discussed issues like this. They're (Fake account holders) are able to create and bid, because currently there isn't a requirement for eBay users to tie their personal bank accounts and credit cards to that fake eBay account. All that they needed was a email address and that was it. Not anymore. Now all accounts must have bank info or credit information on file and due to this they (Fake Accounts) won't dare to take the risk of putting their banks and/or credit cards in jeopardy, nor will they allow their friends to use their account, win and not pay for their items. This will also protect buyers, because there is a lot of shill bidding going on with fake accounts too. Shill bidding on and sabotaging others auctions are about to be on lock. Basically, the playing field is about to be more leveled for both buyers and sellers. I also like the fact that payments will be received faster and buyers are going to be more likely to pay their bills instead of snaking you on payment. Yes, eBay is going to capitalize off of your sales, but they already do and that's a price that I'm willing to deal with as long as it helps me and others out with the previously stated situations.

Dec 4, 2004
I never take or pay with Check or Money Order anyway....but not having used ebay in a while i was surprised at the cut they took out of my sale when my auction was over...

Des504

destructCo.
Oct 13, 2002
louisiana
etsy.com
I only do paypal. pay and accept. In a way it's good...but when I first started buying on ebay, I was like 15. All I could do use were money orders.

I say thumbs up. I hate when somebody wins something and asks to use a money order.

Jul 3, 2007
Let's clear something up. This policy change only helps the same entity it always helps, ebay/paypal. Secondly, not accepting checks/money orders shall help people with functioning brains better realize that this company could care less about you. It is the seller's choice what he wants to accept and yet another way the ebay/paypal gestapo is robbing buyers/sellers of their rights/choices. I'm not surprised, but I don't give a fuck either because as was said before I am no longer a VICTIM on their pathetic site. Oh and while I agree with most of what Sincere says gotta disagree on this one man. If I or anyone else (who knows what they're doing) wants to have 1000 accounts they can still do so. Nothing has changed. They just stiffened up slightly on it. If I choose to sabotage scums like jfl023's auctions I can do so in 5 seconds and over and over again. The internet gestapo known as ebay/paypal was never very smart in the way they ran or coded their sites. Why do you think they have so many "hacker" stories on those sites. Why do you think they are so "paranoid" about how everybvody is doing something wrong on their precious cocksucking sites? It isn't very much different now other than the fact that buyers/sellers who don't want to patronize paypal will all be screwed over as uusual by their company's constant need to interfere, cheat, screw, and force their will on good people.

Jul 3, 2007
See Joe (JFL023)) I kept to the thread topic. That wasn't very difficult now was it. Now if only you will go out of business and post that as some "ebay news". That would be good stuff there. Otherwise I'll just have to continue exposing you in all your pathetic attempts to deceive people into buying crap from you. Hey it was only $200+ you stole from me man, but the reprocussions will last a lifetime for you. The truth will set you free flores.

Dec 6, 2002
www.BayUndaground.com
They could link PayPal account (bank account / credit card #) explicitely to ONE eBay account but still let these people send money orders or checks. Well, I never used anything else than PayPal (with a small exception of sending cash back in the days), so from my perspective it doesn't change a thing, but I see where the problem is.

May 2, 2002
home.comcast.net
Let's clear something up. This policy change only helps the same entity it always helps, ebay/paypal. Secondly, not accepting checks/money orders shall help people with functioning brains better realize that this company could care less about you. It is the seller's choice what he wants to accept and yet another way the ebay/paypal gestapo is robbing buyers/sellers of their rights/choices. I'm not surprised, but I don't give a fuck either because as was said before I am no longer a VICTIM on their pathetic site. Oh and while I agree with most of what Sincere says gotta disagree on this one man. If I or anyone else (who knows what they're doing) wants to have 1000 accounts they can still do so. Nothing has changed. They just stiffened up slightly on it. If I choose to sabotage scums like jfl023's auctions I can do so in 5 seconds and over and over again. The internet gestapo known as ebay/paypal was never very smart in the way they ran or coded their sites. Why do you think they have so many "hacker" stories on those sites. Why do you think they are so "paranoid" about how everybvody is doing something wrong on their precious cocksucking sites? It isn't very much different now other than the fact that buyers/sellers who don't want to patronize paypal will all be screwed over as uusual by their company's constant need to interfere, cheat, screw, and force their will on good people.
Oooooooh... I am scared of your super powers Handi-Man!

Aug 27, 2008
Beware of seller JFL023 he is a liar and he took me for over $100 in my only purchase with him. CD's says one thing in auction page then arrives in something much different conditions. I don't complain I just accept stuff but I thought I might as well lend my experience with this dude for the rest to see it. He is a fucking scammer seller with lots of feedback is all he is. I've talked to a few other guys from ebay who said this "Joe" did the exact same thing to them. Avoid seller JFL023 like the plague!