EAZY E WIFE TOMICA NEW INTERVIEW ON EVERYTHING!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 12, 2005
Ruthless interview **THA SHACK EXCLUSIVE**

Tha Shack: What is your name?

Tomica Woods-Wright..

Tha Shack: It has been a long time since Ruthless has done an interview. Last time can remember is the Decade of Game promotion. Why the silence? Any other interviews we might have missed?

Tomica Wright: Some time has passed since the last interview with Ruthless. We have been busy putting some new things together.

Tha Shack: In Eazy-E’s last interviews he mentions several times he has 60-70 unreleased tracks. Can you confirm this? Here is a quote from Source magazine, and Vibe magazine.
Source July 94
Quote:
Eazy is sitting in the studio, a beat-up boombox in his lap, dragging off a licorice-papered joint. "There's gonna be like forty to sixty songs on the album," he says of the upcoming double CD set, Str.8 Off the Streets of Muthaphukkin' Compton, Volume 1 and 2, which he's been promising to release for the last two years. Produced by Eazy, Rhythm, Yella, and Above the Law's Cold 187um, it will be the longest hip-hop album of new material ever released. Pulling out a box of tapes, he plays me numerous samples, which range from a low-ridin' War-type cut with a sing-songy chorus and scattered scratches, to a hardcore street funker, punctuated by synth blasts and gunshots, to a straight heavy metal number courtesy of Guns 'N Roses. The one he seems most excited by, however, is a commercial devoted to dissing Dr. Dre. "Remember me, the Doctor? yells out a goofy-sounding Dre character. "We should get back together again." Which Eazy responds: "Man, get this muthafucka outta here."
-------------------------------------------
Dec 93/Jan 94 Vibe Magazine

Why did you do an EP instead of an album?
Quote:
Just to put out something for right now. I got like 50 or 60 songs, I was going to do a double album. But Different shiit comes and goes with the times and as time goes along, you can't be sitting on some songs you did a while ago and it's not that same shiit happening on the streets.
-------------------------------------------

Tomica Wright: I cannot confirm 50 –60 unreleased tracks by Eazy. Completed or started. But it is possible there were that many tracks submitted. Some songs were completed; some songs with scratch vocals and some just concepts.

Tha Shack: Are the remaining tracks in Ruthless’s possession? If so, how many? If not, who has them?

Tomica Wright: Some tracks are in Ruthless’s possession, the master copies of at least 8 songs are missing. Majority of the unreleased material was used for the last two Eazy –E projects. We are not certain who has our property.

Tha Shack: In an article published by GQ magazine in 1995, it mentions, “Shortly after Eazy’s death, police locked the doors to Ruthless Records to protect tapes and videos, which were beginning to disappear.” Is this true? If so, does this include Eazy-E unreleased material, and what was recovered if any?

Tomica Wright: It is true that shortly after Eric passed Ruthless Records doors were on lockdown, no one was allowed to enter the premises. The missing tracks have not been recovered.

Tha Shack: What were the final outcomes of all the court cases after Eazy’s death regarding Ruthless Records? Rulings, etc. Who was involved? What was the state of Ruthless?

Tomica Wright: The final outcomes were in favor of Ruthless Records continued success and Eric’s last wishes. The court cases consisted of family & business matters.

Tha Shack: Did Ruthless keep a record log of masters owned prior to Eazy’s death?

Tomica Wright: Yes, of completed work.

Tha Shack: I’ll just mention a few unreleased items. Please tell me anything that comes to mind, any updates, etc.:

Tha Shack: Eazy has mentioned in interviews that he did a song with Guns N’ Roses.

Tomica Wright: Yes, we only have a rough copy of the song, which was not completed. Good track!

Tha Shack: Eazy has mentioned doing a song called “Yellow Brick Road to Compton”. A positive song for Compton that was agreed upon with the mayor of Compton in order for Eazy to shoot the “Real Compton City Gs” video. Any update on this one?

Tomica Wright: I am aware of the working title, rough ideas and some scratch vocals were laid, but song was not completed.

Tha Shack: “Everything I Luv” Snippet was supposedly posted on Eazy’s 1-900 hotline.

Tomica Wright: We only have a cassette copy of the song. Not completed

Tha Shack: There were rumors that the SleepWalkers track on Bone’s Collection vol. 2 originally had a longer Eazy verse dissing Dre and Snoop. Will we ever get to hear the original?

Tomica Wright: The original version of the song did include Eazy’s vocals, which were erased in a session with Bone. Not sure if the verse dissed Dre or Snoop.

Tha Shack: What was the name of the Eazy-E track that was to be on the “Dark Blue” Soundtrack?

Tomica Wright: It was supposed to be one of the songs, which was used for the “Impact of a Legend” project. “Dark Blue” was supposed to come out before the “Impact of a Legend” project. Unfortunately, the project kept getting pushed back, so we just licensed music for the movie. The movie didn’t pull enough demand as a theatrical release to warrant a soundtrack. It had a better response DVD.

Tha Shack: Was the album “Str8 Off Tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton vol. 2” ever completed? If not, how come we have seen release dates for it?

Tomica Wright: Originally, this was the working title for a double album. Eric wanted to release. (”Str8 Off “Tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton” Vol 1 and 2). Since he was taking so long to release another project after “Dre187 It’s On”. He had a good amount of songs, concepts and ideas laid out and started, but not everything was completed. Not sure why volume 2 release dates appeared.

Tha Shack: Yella has mentioned that the original "Str8 Off Tha Muthaphukkin Streets of Compton" album cover was a bunch of pictures formed as a collage. Will we ever get to see the original album cover?

Tomica Wright: I do not have any copies of any other artwork for the "Str8 Off Tha Muthaphukkin Streets of Compton" album cover, except for what was used. But this does not mean that Yella was wrong. It is very well possible that the original cover was going to be a collage. Eric had been working on this project a little shy of (2) years before he passed.

Tha Shack: Has Eazy ever done tracks with Scarface or 2Pac? Any other artists we might not know about?

Tomica Wright: Not to my knowledge. He has done some collaborations, I am not certain what songs fans have heard. This type of information will be posted on the Ruthless Records Site currently under construction.

Tha Shack: Did Eazy ever finish the script for the movie “Smiling Faces”? Any comments?

Tomica Wright: Yes, there were a few minor changes (spelling). He put a lot of time in putting the script together along with his other (2) partners for that deal.

Tha Shack: A recent rumor is a man found unreleased tracks from Eazy-E and NWA in his studio. Have you heard about this?

Tomica Wright: Oh really. Someone should tell this mystery man to contact Ruthless or EMI, so Eazy-E and NWA fans can have the opportunity to hear these unreleased tracks.

Tha Shack: Does/Did Ruthless own any unreleased N.W.A. tracks?

Tomica Wright: To my knowledge no. Masters old masters would be property of EMI, but if you are referring to just the music (tracks) None that I am aware of.

Apr 12, 2005
Tha Shack: Besides Eazy-E/N.W.A. tracks, does Ruthless own the rights to any unreleased material from other former artists such as Bone Thugs n Harmony, BG Knoccout, Dresta, MC Ren, Shaki aka Dirty Red, and if so, any plans to release those songs. Like maybe a Collection Volume 3 from Bone, or just a Ruthless Collection, with unreleased material.

Tomica Wright: Yes Ruthless owns material by other artists that has not been released yet. Plans are pending for future releases.

Tha Shack: Any plans on releasing some of the out-of-print Ruthless albums such as Kokane’s “Funk Upon a Rhyme”, and Above The Law’s “Uncle Sam’s Curse”

Tomica Wright: Yes, working on things now to make available some of the out of print releases, as we speak. “Uncle Sam’s Curse” was a very good project that
didn’t get a fair chance due to transitions at the label after Eric’s untimely death.

Tha Shack: Can you comment on the negative departure of Bone Thugs?

Tomica Wright: There are no hard feelings on my part. Sometime change is good. I think they are very talented and wish them the very best in all of their future endeavors as group in whole or part and as individuals. I believe they have more valuable things to contribute to the music business, with or without Ruthless Records.

Tha Shack: Why the fallout with MC Ren? (Same thing.)

Tomica Wright: I don’t consider there to be fallout, just a difference of opinion. I have much respect for his contributions and wish him the best in all of his endeavors.

Tha Shack: Why was Ren’s verse taken off the track “Still Fuckem” from the “Godfather of Gangsta Rap” EP?

Tomica Wright: The first version “Still Fuckem was a work in progress (Yella, Ren & Eazy), actually the last song he recorded prior to his death. At the time, I believe it was a creative call by the Producer who was putting together “Impact of Legend”

Tha Shack: What happened with the Blunts LLA deal? Will that album be released? There was some good Rhythm D production on that.

Tomica Wright: The Blunts LLA project was put on hold due to creative differences. Will not be released as a whole on Ruthless. I agree there was some good production by Rhythm D. The issues with getting samples cleared & creative direction were for the most part causing the delays of this project... Things did not come together in a timely or costly manner.

Tha Shack: Was King Tee ever signed with Ruthless? If so, any comments on that deal?

Tomica Wright: Yes, King Tee was signed thru a separate production company/deal. Timeline, budget, and production company drama ended this opportunity.

Tha Shack: Any plans on re-opening the Ruthless clothing line?

Tomica Wright: Yes, new designs are almost finished.

Tha Shack: What is the status of RuthlessRecords.com website?

Tomica Wright: Under major construction, to incorporate the history and the future. Well worth the wait.

Tha Shack: What are Ruthless Records plans? Any upcoming projects? Release dates?

Tomica Wright: Future plans and releases coming soon. No lock in dates, but I feel good about saying “2006” will be a good year for Ruthless Records.

Tha Shack: Suggestion: an official Eazy-E remix CD
Tha Shack: Suggestion: an Eazy-E released with the original beats. For example the “Godfather of Gangsta Rap” songs, and the track “B.N.K.” produced by Homicide. Include the “We Want Eazy” remix, and “Still Talkin” remix that was only released on vinyl in the late 80s. Other production by Cold 187um aka Hutch that didn’t make the Str8 Off Tha Streetz vol.1 album.
Tha Shack: Dresta & the Young Hoggz need some support.

Tomica Wright: All ideas and suggestions are always well received. Please note anyone is welcome to return reels or masters that belong to the label. We can do something with them. Can’t do much without anything.

Tha Shack: What artists are currently on Ruthless Records? Producers?

Tomica Wright: The label is primarily a catalog base label. NaShay a young R&B singer will be our next release, we are getting ready to introduce a new shining star. As well as future releases
Highlighting our catalog. No staff producers. Not enough acts to feed um. But we do have (2) other acts we are interested in .signing to the label.

Tha Shack: Did Tomica like the way Eazy dressed?

Tomica Wright: For the most part.

Tha Shack: Why did Eazy always wear sunglasses/locs?

Tomica Wright: Just a part of his image.

Tha Shack: Can you comment on Eazy’s interests in horror films and characters?

Tomica Wright: He had a hobby of collecting monster models. As far as the films go, he was creatively inspired by the plots, images, concepts, dialog, or the way the film was shot.

Tha Shack: Is there any question regarding Eazy’s age when he died? Was it 31? Was he born in 1963?

Tomica Wright: Yes, some believe his year of birth to be 63 and some believe it to be 64. And some rumor quotes of 73.

Tha Shack: In an interview in 2002 done by XXL magazine, Lil Eazy said his father didn’t die from the AIDS virus. He mentions later that he’s going to explain a bit more on his upcoming album. What are your thoughts on this? Do you believe there was any foul play involved regarding Eazy’s death?

Tomica Wright: I am curious of how things will be explained. I do not believe that there was any foul play involved regarding Eazy’s death.

Tha Shack: What plans does Ruthless Records have to try to immortalize the Legacy of Eazy-E in the future so that he won’t be totally forgotten in this rap game?

Tomica Wright: Great and exciting plans are in the works to highlight and acknowledge Eazy-E contribution to this genre of music. He was a man that wore many hats.

Tha Shack: What are your thoughts on the websites and forums (like Tha Shack, Eazy-E.com, and Eazy-ECPT.com) keeping Eazy’s memory alive online?

Tomica Wright: Some have infringed on intellectual properties. But on the other hand, these sites have maintained an open line of communication that has contributed to some of the value and worth of acknowledging Eazy’s memory close at hand.

Tha Shack: What are your thoughts on the following people?

Lil’ Eazy

Tomica Wright: A young man with a strong will to succeed. He is a split image of his father and walking in his footsteps at a quick pace. The best is yet to come. If he aligns himself with the “right” team and paces himself, he can reach any goal that he sets out to achieve.

The Game

Tomica Wright: A part of the making of a “Classic Masterpiece”, which is a clear reflection of the bull print and concept of NWA. He is also an artist who paid a considerable amount of homage to the contributions Eazy made to this genre of music...

Suge Knight

Tomica Wright: No thoughts.

Tha Shack: Can unsigned artists still send demos to Ruthless? Is there an address you would like to provide for this interview?

Tomica Wright: Yes, an address will be posted on the website for demo submissions, in the near future.

Tha Shack: Any last words?

Tomica Wright: Yes to the loyal fans, all of your continued support is greatly appreciated and well received. Ruthless will do its best to continue to be a voice to be heard. And out of genuine love and respect, Eric Wright and his legacy will never be forgotten.

Tha Shack: Thank you very much for allowing us to conduct this interview. We have been waiting years for something like this to come about, and we all appreciate it.

Apr 12, 2005
Tomica Wright interview speaks on "Blunts LLA" and what happen to his project!!!!!

My Favorite part of the interviw!!!!

Tha Shack: What happened with the Blunts LLA deal? Will that album be released? There was some good Rhythm D production on that.

Tomica Wright: The Blunts LLA project was put on hold due to creative differences. Will not be released as a whole on Ruthless. I agree there was some good production by Rhythm D. The issues with getting samples cleared & creative direction were for the most part causing the delays of this project... Things did not come together in a timely or costly manner.

Blunts LLA "City of Gods" in stores now.

B.Y.I Fam and Blunts LLA doing our thing no more label drama!!!

Was up Interscope/Geffen!!!!!!!

Keep your ear to the street there will be some big news in the next month about Blunts LLA.!!!!

History will be made!!!!!!!

Oct 26, 2005
BYI Ent. said:
Tomica Wright interview speaks on "Blunts LLA" and what happen to his project!!!!!

My Favorite part of the interviw!!!!

Blunts LLA "City of Gods" in stores now.

B.Y.I Fam and Blunts LLA doing our thing no more label drama!!!

Was up Interscope/Geffen!!!!!!!

Keep your ear to the street there will be some big news in the next month about Blunts LLA.!!!!

History will be made!!!!!!!

THATS CRAZY! THAT FOO BLUNTS LLA IS SICK WITH IT THAT WOULD BE THE SECOND CHICANO SIGNED TO RUTHLESS RECORDS AFTER FROST..

May 11, 2002
Tight Interview........Thanks A Million For Posting That.

I can't wait till 2006...I hope Ruthless drops a collection with unreleased Ruthless acts and tracks. That would be fucking tight.

A new Eazy-E LP would be nice.....

And the re-release of "Uncle Sam's Curse" & "Funk Upon A Rhyme" would be nice.

Looks like Ruthless is going to do it big in 06.

I wish the best of luck and hope what she is talking about comes true.