EAST'S DEBUT ALBUM "HEAVY BASS, SLICK VERBS, NO YALOQIUM" FREE DOWNLOAD, CHECK ME OUT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
I have got to get back into NW hip-hop, been sleeping for too long. I had no idea Young EAST rapped. I really liked it.

It's got a Gangsta Nutt / Self Tightld / Len Kapone / early Street Level Records type of thing going for it. You can tell there's not the production budget or studio equipment behind these guys like there is for some of the other artists in town (like the "Home" track from the Jake One album, or somebody working w/ Vitamin D or the Blue Scholars). It doesn't have that "clean" professional type quality sound & production, but on special occasions what you get w/ this type of album is extremely authentic, raw, heartfelt, neighborhood-based hip-hop where on the tracks where the beats are solid, the artist is talented enough to do some awesome things.

My favorite tracks were:

Intro : Awesome beat, awesome monologue, love the shoutouts (damn near every block in the entire CD it seemed like)

Saturated : Raw intensity w/ a quality beat that sounds like my favorite Jadakiss song "Real Hip-Hop"

Food Chain : Adrenaline track w/ an awesome chorus and raw passion & energy behind the lyrics

Comrades : Catchy little guitar beat w/ good rhythm to the lyrics

Great work, I look forward to hearing more stuff down the line (hopefully). I can't stop listening to that Intro, that will definitely be in the "morning drive" rotation for the coming months.

Apr 28, 2005
I have got to get back into NW hip-hop, been sleeping for too long. I had no idea Young EAST rapped. I really liked it.

It's got a Gangsta Nutt / Self Tightld / Len Kapone / early Street Level Records type of thing going for it. You can tell there's not the production budget or studio equipment behind these guys like there is for some of the other artists in town (like the "Home" track from the Jake One album, or somebody working w/ Vitamin D or the Blue Scholars). It doesn't have that "clean" professional type quality sound & production, but on special occasions what you get w/ this type of album is extremely authentic, raw, heartfelt, neighborhood-based hip-hop where on the tracks where the beats are solid, the artist is talented enough to do some awesome things.

My favorite tracks were:

Intro : Awesome beat, awesome monologue, love the shoutouts (damn near every block in the entire CD it seemed like)

Saturated : Raw intensity w/ a quality beat that sounds like my favorite Jadakiss song "Real Hip-Hop"

Food Chain : Adrenaline track w/ an awesome chorus and raw passion & energy behind the lyrics

Comrades : Catchy little guitar beat w/ good rhythm to the lyrics

Great work, I look forward to hearing more stuff down the line (hopefully). I can't stop listening to that Intro, that will definitely be in the "morning drive" rotation for the coming months.
preciate the feedback.....were working on a new mixtape to put out right before the next album "Learning & Earning".....i'll post some tracks soon.....

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I have got to get back into NW hip-hop, been sleeping for too long. I.
you say this every fucking time you post in here.

get with it or stop talking about it.

you're startin to sound like a NW artist with all this "i'm gonna do this" with no follow through. LMAO

Apr 25, 2002
you say this every fucking time you post in here.

get with it or stop talking about it.

you're startin to sound like a NW artist with all this "i'm gonna do this" with no follow through. LMAO
I've purchased more NW albums than you. I've "got with it" literally 850 times over the last 10 years.

I'm expressing frustration that I now live over 2,000 miles away, work 80+ hours a week and worry that I'm losing touch w/ something that was once a very big part of my life. I don't want hot stuff from my home region to sneak past me!

That's where you guys come in: HELP!!!

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I'm not gonna get into an argument with you about NW ish cause you'd be surprised how much promotion and other work I've actually done just for the fuck of it. But if you're such a down supporter, BD and his new label Boss Up are puttin out a new album, so you should pick up a copy. lol. "Gwop Don't Make Me, I make Gwop."

Apr 28, 2005
I'm not gonna get into an argument with you about NW ish cause you'd be surprised how much promotion and other work I've actually done just for the fuck of it. But if you're such a down supporter, BD and his new label Boss Up are puttin out a new album, so you should pick up a copy. lol. "Gwop Don't Make Me, I make Gwop."
download that album and let me know

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
will do pimp...i'll start the d/l in a second...

*edit* just finished extracting the files...bout to listen to it for a little bit...on #6....so far i really like #2...but that's about it....#5 is good...but that noise is is pretty damn ear piercing.....lol...and i thought i was deaf.....but i like #2 a lot...beats dope..and i can appreciate the shit you say on it.

after a quick listen.....i like about 5-6 songs...2, 5, 7, poly carbonated...and a couple others.....honestly, it's not my usual style of rap that i listen to, but it's still good. although seems on some of it that peopel are tryina rap too fast in certain parts...and it just sounds odd to me...but im' also a huge critic, so me sayin gi like 5-6 songs, you did a good job. lol

im' gonna burn it out on a cd and play it in my car for a few days and see what i think then...

Apr 25, 2002
You're missing the point.

The problem is that I don't know what's out there, but if people tell me and it's halfway decent, I buy it (as I have over 800 times since I was 16).

Link me / fill me in.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
You're missing the point.

The problem is that I don't know what's out there, but if people tell me and it's halfway decent, I buy it (as I have over 800 times since I was 16).

Link me / fill me in.
I'll let you know when it's out. I'm not into giving release dates and shit, cause people have real lives. I know you understand that, but they've got a lot goin on personally too so it may be a few more months. It's being mixed and mastered right now, the sound, is damn good. I can knock it in my car and I have pretty shitty speakers (altho i didnt' buy it for bumpin music lol)...

We're in the process of doin the myspace shit and puttin up songs and graphics etc....so I'll be sure to let you know what's goin down.

And I apologize for misunderstanding what you meant when I replied. I actually wasn't mad, I was just referencing what a few artists have told me recently that I don't usually kick it with. Cause I pretty much forgot I use to do hella reviews and promo and shit....too much NW pot :siccness: lol

Apr 28, 2005
will do pimp...i'll start the d/l in a second...

*edit* just finished extracting the files...bout to listen to it for a little bit...on #6....so far i really like #2...but that's about it....#5 is good...but that noise is is pretty damn ear piercing.....lol...and i thought i was deaf.....but i like #2 a lot...beats dope..and i can appreciate the shit you say on it.

after a quick listen.....i like about 5-6 songs...2, 5, 7, poly carbonated...and a couple others.....honestly, it's not my usual style of rap that i listen to, but it's still good. although seems on some of it that peopel are tryina rap too fast in certain parts...and it just sounds odd to me...but im' also a huge critic, so me sayin gi like 5-6 songs, you did a good job. lol

im' gonna burn it out on a cd and play it in my car for a few days and see what i think then...
preciate the listen man, let me know if theres any popping when you play it......because I think by uploading this album it may have bustdown the quality