e-40 is the best in the bay lyrically, followed by keak.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2003
i'd say e-40's got the most charecter in the bay, but lyricly? i disagree. he's definatly got good lyrics and stuff, but i think savage c has more creative lyrics. it all depends on what type of lyrics you mean though, if your talking about mobb music lyrics, e-40 very well could be the best, if your talking about metaphore-similies-battle rap stuff, i'd give that to savage c, if your talking about deep thoughts and stuff, 2pac or woodie or x-raided (if sac counts)

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
I think that when you are talking about lyrics in the bay, you are talking about versatility and spitin authentic street shit. That's Quinn, 40, FAB, Mac Mall, kinda locksmith & older yuk shit. Of course, Pac was the perfect mix of all that shit.

May 30, 2006
Keak is trash....He's been trash.....Fonz is a beast......Yuk is up there too......Lyrically Yuk is very gifted and he takes fulk advantage of that shit too......Mac Dre had style, charisma and humor but is a joke compared to 40 lyrically.....I aint crazy about 40's music like I use to be and he's lost a lil bit of gas but he still be coming out spraying on the mic.

Ghost Dance

America's Nightmare
Nov 1, 2007
Oak Park...916
Keak Da Sneak...."Sneakacydal" & "Hi-Tek" are fuckin slapers.

Thats when keak was hard as fuck, back in them 3xKrazy dayz but now I dont know.

40 been spittin heat for damm near 2 decades, how many rappers could last that long?

Answer: Not many so all this 40 hate gets chalked off as kid talk to me...

Dec 31, 2005
WWW.JDOTCOLOMBO.BLOGSPOT.COM
i give boots props for this

when i used to work at virgin megastore on market in SF
and at the time i was plainclothes cuz i carried hella money
i seen him come in and i obviously knew it was boots cuz i seen the vid you
posted, had seen him in magazines and everything back then...

so im looking at him as he walked in liek damn thats boots form the coup and i wasnt gon approach him or nothin just throw the nod

but he threw me the nod before i could even give it to him

i guess you dont get shit like that in southern cali, where black people respect eachother on that type of level

like today i passed by this older black guy this nigga said to me 'uhhhh hunnn...' like im doin some shit..hey really came at me like dude on boondocks like i was about to break in someones house
aye where can i get that french montana song in ur sig?

May 15, 2003
Pac and Raided are not from the Bay.....I also get tired of people including Sac when talking about Bay music....Step ya'll geography game up.
i get tired of you! your the guy who was complaining all about lynch not doing anything except "weak ass mixtapes" and then as soon as lynch came on here to announce his new mixtape, you were the first guy to go "im looking forward to it!" thats all im gonna reply to you, dont write back, i wont read it.

May 8, 2008
We gotta remember best rapper doesn't always equal most lyrical. I would say that 40 is the best rapper in the Bay Area. He is the best the Bay has to offer, and the one man who is synonymous with Bay music. But he is not the most lyrical.

May 15, 2003
i cant remember 1 2pac lyric where he reps the bay. but im old enuff 2 remember when he was an east coast rapper.
heres one... "straight ouuta oakland california where were sparkin on ya/ givin shout outs to my niggas in the darkest corners"

even on all eyes on me, rappin 4-tay says "we be those same 2 brothers representin the bay"

you full fledged trippin.
LMAO COME ON GAS U MUST BE ON A GOOD THIS MORNIN', WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME U HEARD ANYBODY SAY DAMN KEAK RIPPED THAT VERSE, KEAK HAS NO WORD PLAY, HE CAN MAKE GOOD MUZIC, ILL GIVE HIM THAT. BUT LYRICALLY HELL NO, WHEN I HEAR LYRICAL I THINK YA BOY, I THINK OF LOCKSMITH, I THINK FAB, I THINK BEEDA WEEDA, THE ONLY TIME I'VE EVER REWINDED A KEAK VERSE WAS WHEN HE USED A NEW MADE UP WORD

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
LMAO COME ON GAS U MUST BE ON A GOOD THIS MORNIN', WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME U HEARD ANYBODY SAY DAMN KEAK RIPPED THAT VERSE, KEAK HAS NO WORD PLAY, HE CAN MAKE GOOD MUZIC, ILL GIVE HIM THAT. BUT LYRICALLY HELL NO, WHEN I HEAR LYRICAL I THINK YA BOY, I THINK OF LOCKSMITH, I THINK FAB, I THINK BEEDA WEEDA, THE ONLY TIME I'VE EVER REWINDED A KEAK VERSE WAS WHEN HE USED A NEW MADE UP WORD
nah, i was sober when i made the thread

i dont agree with that at all..the examples, nothin'

so we'll agree to disagree, so i dont gotta type a bunch of shit

apparently me and you have two different definitions of lyricism

Apr 30, 2008
the only thing i hated about 40 was that hyphy shit he jumped and his rival mac dre coined the style. but at the same time i think 40 did that out of respect for dre every one knows 40 is dope. he didt have to make that move but by that the bay got alot of pub and thats why he put keak on the track to give him pub and it worked. its a treat when players meet

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ everyone hates 40 for doing some hyphy shit but keak was on a couple of them tracks and folks act like he wasnt. Mac Dre didnt have the fucken power to say who could and who couldnt do hyphy shit even if he was still alive. Im just glad the gay ass Hyphy/Thizz movement is over with