e-40 is the best in the bay lyrically, followed by keak.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
40 is sick and keak is sick, but neither are at the top of their game. both recycle lines from their old verses and keak came in second to agerman in 3xkrazy. Age is the one that brought that flomatic 9 style that you hear keak using in 3xkrazy.

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Yeah back in the day keek would go in hard lyrically........Sneakacydle he was spittin....And that real talk 2000 keak was going..hard......gotta put quin, yuck, E 40Locksmith, mr fab and some others up their 2 though.....

Apr 30, 2008
i agree keak and 40 made it happen for the bay rather you like it or not all them new booty niggas yall name all aint pushed no units world wide. yall niggas be hateing when the game is right in ya face

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i agree keak and 40 made it happen for the bay rather you like it or not all them new booty niggas yall name all aint pushed no units world wide. yall niggas be hateing when the game is right in ya face
and thats true talk

when you really take a step back and look at it

keak did this thing in the bay area rap scene

and hes not getting true props as a lyricist and a style oriented rapper

niggas hate on his voice but even that is original and unlike anyone

wasnt keak penned as the originator of hyphy, atleast on track?

im not saying that keak equals mac dre or anything but apparently keak took bay area music to new levels, just like dre or 40 did

and to anyone who dont like keak but likes 40

why did 40 put keak on tell me when to go

do you feel that was a closed door business deal between niggas in the bay or do you feel like maybe 40, whos one of the better rappers out north realized keak was comin hard just like him and wanted to team up for the new shit?

who would you put in tell me when to go besides keak? you need the beat? hold up ill post

edit: couldnt find instrumental so we'll go with the video version, who would u put on that besides keak?

who feels keak didnt do a good job on his verse or somethin? im just askin questions, dont be scurred.

edit: hella typos my bad im on a fucked up comp with the number keypad fucked up.

Apr 7, 2006
40 is sick and keak is sick, but neither are at the top of their game. both recycle lines from their old verses and keak came in second to agerman in 3xkrazy. Age is the one that brought that flomatic 9 style that you hear keak using in 3xkrazy.
Yeah Age had it on lock...

Apr 7, 2006
Y'know wut... I think Boots from the Coup got the shit locked...

Fat Cats Bigga Fish:

You gotta listen to the whole song though... the story ends by painting the bigger picture...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Y'know wut... I think Boots from the Coup got the shit locked...

Fat Cats Bigga Fish:

You gotta listen to the whole song though... the story ends by painting the bigger picture...

i give boots props for this

when i used to work at virgin megastore on market in SF
and at the time i was plainclothes cuz i carried hella money
i seen him come in and i obviously knew it was boots cuz i seen the vid you
posted, had seen him in magazines and everything back then...

so im looking at him as he walked in liek damn thats boots form the coup and i wasnt gon approach him or nothin just throw the nod

but he threw me the nod before i could even give it to him

i guess you dont get shit like that in southern cali, where black people respect eachother on that type of level

like today i passed by this older black guy this nigga said to me 'uhhhh hunnn...' like im doin some shit..hey really came at me like dude on boondocks like i was about to break in someones house

Gas One

May 24, 2006
yuk was alot tighter than he is now not to take away from him

cuz shit like smokin lah was tight

godzilla was a good album
even the some with ray j was tight

i just dont know where yuks comedic side on the track went

yuk is funny as fuck on interviews and dvds we used to see that on his albums

now its nonexistant

same shit maybe people are bitchin about w keak

we might have to take a step back and say...what if this was like years ago or somethin when everyone in the bay was in they prime?

whos the best then?

Oct 7, 2008
e-40 was good when he did stuff in the 90s and early 2000s but not that great now at all. keak the sneak was good in 3xkrazy but has had very few good songs since. 'lyrically' they both have some clownish shit, e-40 screaming biiiyiiiiyiiiiiiitchhhh and keak doing his scratchy voice thing. i dont know, its always hard to say somebodys 'the best' because most people have good and bad stuff. too short was better than keak no question, i dont listen to e 40 anymore but i still have some too short

Mar 1, 2006
yuk was alot tighter than he is now not to take away from him

cuz shit like smokin lah was tight

godzilla was a good album
even the some with ray j was tight

i just dont know where yuks comedic side on the track went

yuk is funny as fuck on interviews and dvds we used to see that on his albums

now its nonexistant

same shit maybe people are bitchin about w keak

we might have to take a step back and say...what if this was like years ago or somethin when everyone in the bay was in they prime?

whos the best then?

yuk spit his best shit with rayj and c-bo on godzilla. be easy & thuglords is raw as fuck. omg

Apr 7, 2006
i give boots props for this

when i used to work at virgin megastore on market in SF
and at the time i was plainclothes cuz i carried hella money
i seen him come in and i obviously knew it was boots cuz i seen the vid you
posted, had seen him in magazines and everything back then...

so im looking at him as he walked in liek damn thats boots form the coup and i wasnt gon approach him or nothin just throw the nod

but he threw me the nod before i could even give it to him

i guess you dont get shit like that in southern cali, where black people respect eachother on that type of level

like today i passed by this older black guy this nigga said to me 'uhhhh hunnn...' like im doin some shit..hey really came at me like dude on boondocks like i was about to break in someones house
Yeah I guess the bay is cool like that... unless you on the dopespot and ain't buyin (but hey where is?)lol...

I can also see wut ur sayin as far as SoCal's concerned...

Getting hit up by Shoreline was a blast... gotta love LA:cheeky:

*English narrator's voice* Over the course of a couple vists, I've found the Crenshaw mall to be a great place to exchange pleasantries with my fellow African Americans...

Seen Damu at Famart one time and he looked like he wasn't down for the nod... lol

Although, I have gotten alotta luv out in Dago when the circumstances were right and folcs got to choppin' it up... (shout out to the homie on the Orange line on route to El Cajon)... Or when I was sellin CD's in the Magic O's (was that the correct name in '02?) parking lot... even though I was the only brotha in all blue lol...

But if it's just on some strollin around type hype (like downtown over by the attic once you start to pass that subway's and bend that left)... it seems like everbody gotta a look on their face like they havin the shittiest day ever... It just seems like evrytime I'm out there it be that one little corner lol

Seems like anything goes at the trolley stations once you get outta DT on the Orange line... some cats just stay lookin ready... no head nods for them! lol

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
lol @ little kids who just started listening 2 bay rap like 3 years ago tryin 2 comment on shit like this when 40 & keak were puttin out albums 15 years b4 they started listenin 2 rap. 40 & keak were droppin classics when they were jammin 2 barney the dinosaur & suckin on they mamas titty.

Mar 1, 2006
lol @ little kids who just started listening 2 bay rap like 3 years ago tryin 2 comment on shit like this when 40 & keak were puttin out albums 15 years b4 they started listenin 2 rap. 40 & keak were droppin classics when they were jammin 2 barney the dinosaur & suckin on they mamas titty.
4real i wonder how many of y'all remember seeing 3xcrazy on rap city "keep it on the real hiiiggghsiiiidding

Dec 4, 2006
ever since the E-40 - Federal album I been a major E-40 fan...

Keak used to be tight back in his 3X Krazy days and some of his older solo albums...

even today he still spits some tight shit, but it is his delivery style that I ain't feeling it..