e-40 is the best in the bay lyrically, followed by keak.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
thats on some, i listen to music type shit

40 damn near showed the rest of the world that west coast niggas come hella lyrical on some style shit.

now i know what youre gonna say about keak

youre gonna say you dont like his voice
and he sound like
mugsley from cartoon olympics

but real spill is he killed it all over threexkrazy albums, and on his solos...and on the mixtapes....and his new shit slapped too even though you didnt fuck with it

ive seen alot of hate on these two artists on some side shit and i dont understand it

where would you place either 40 or keak in the 'best rappers in the bay' standpoint?

all opinions welcome..dont be afraid to hate or talk shit or act like a dumbass, i gives a fuck

if theres better rappers lyrically, let them be known please

Jan 18, 2006
definitely not the Keak of today, 40 might not be my top artist in the bay but he still be spitting and thats more then i can say for Messy Marv, A-Wax, and some of these other rappers that get pumped up on this site

Jan 23, 2006
YUKMOUTH IS THE MOST LYRICAL AND THE DOPEST RAPPER IN THE BAY HANDS DOWN. 40 IS DOPE ALSO ALONG WITH SHADY NATE AND SOME OTHERS BUT LYRICALLY AIN'T NOBODY TOUCHIN YUK.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I think E-40 was the best lyrically back in the day. But I think Mac Dre was the best lyrically too. It's a toss up between E-40 and Mac Dre (RIP).

Dec 29, 2008
I think E-40 was the best lyrically back in the day. But I think Mac Dre was the best lyrically too. It's a toss up between E-40 and Mac Dre (RIP).
I don't think lyricism was Mac Dres strong point. His strong point was charisma.

I don't know about best but Quinn has always been one of the Bay's best lyricists.

Jan 5, 2007
wow real shit e-40 got spits BUT ya ive heard more clever shit from dre, a-wax comes hard but they like two different styles wax seems more deep 40 more upbeat hard to compare. Nickatina still got raps. I agree completely what gas one has to say bout keak. Even tho lots of folks say his voice is shot he not relevant etc etc slap his new cd...slap any mixtape he still SPITS. IMO the bay has been too quiet lately and its concerning me...

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
lets revisit a classic

1:29

so you say that wasnt a hard verse?
and it dosent stop there that was just the easiest thing to post

keak kills shit on his verses

i think he goes over peoples heads and they dont hear him

so what if he flowin different right now that dont take away form whats been written

Jan 18, 2006
Quinns flows back then were so much better back then compared to now. To me anyways to be a good lyricist you have to good flows and Quinn changed his style cuz his voice matured or changed a bit around 2000 and he basically slowed his flow down

Jan 5, 2007
" i sleep wit a chop right next to me/glock in the car AR in my SUV" keak still got it

"thought process like a nigga out the projectz/closet like a gunshow i could win the contest/come to ya address relieve ya assets/gangsta life is what i scrib on tablets/durin the madness/it never passes/i give classes im slidin thru traffic" quinn still got it

i think scokland slaps

May 8, 2008
Quinns flows back then were so much better back then compared to now. To me anyways to be a good lyricist you have to good flows and Quinn changed his style cuz his voice matured or changed a bit around 2000 and he basically slowed his flow down
I agree his flow has slowed down. He used to spit much faster....but I thought we were talking about lyrics. Lyrically, Quinn has gotten better over the years. We can't say the same about E-40.