DVD's in wide screen format

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2002
Damn near all DVD's are in wide screen format now. I already have a wide screen TV. So basically, whenever I watch a movie, it shrinks it into half the size of the TV. That shit is so annoying. Anybody have the same problem?

Jan 1, 2006
4:3 is standard size for old tv's

16:9 (widescreen)

Not all movies are going to fill up the screen. I know some of the newer dvds will but for the most part they'll look letter boxed

Dec 29, 2006
Wide screens are ok if the movie your watching is foreign, or for some reason you can't understand what they're saying
Subtitles fit real good underneath and cause no disctration

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Or just only cop the DVD's that have both widescreen and full screen where you flip them over and can play each side.

They got all kinds of DVD's now, HDTV DVD's (expensive As FUCK!), Blu Ray DVD's, shit's getting excessive.

Apr 25, 2002
I've noticed this too. There are a grip of movies in anamorphic widescreen that doesn't fit right on a wide screen TV. They are like super widescreen and are not 16:9. Shit fuckin' pisses me off......

Apr 12, 2003
You have to go into the dvd player menu & adjust the tv display, dvd players come defaulted for 4:3 tvs just change it to 16:9 and that should improve the picture but depending on the dvd it still may not fill up the whole screen.

Sep 26, 2005
yea i hate that shit im usin a ps2 for dvds and its in widescreen on a widescreen, i seen a hddvd player for 300 i wanna get one but i think bluray will be better. still they both upscale regular dvds any of yall got blu ray or hd dvd?

Feb 5, 2006
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
full screen (4:3) movies suck ass...they cut off the outer edges of the movie to fit it into the screen. Thats GAY.
YEH LIKE YOUR REALLY MISSIN MUCH. LOL U WOULDNT WANNA MISS A PIECE OF THE POTTED PLANT IN THE CORNER OR THAT FANTASTIC COFEE MUG ON TOP OF THE DESK. HAHA THE MOVIE MAKERS MAKE SURE U SEE WUT WAS NEEDED TO BE SEEN IN THE MOVIE

Jul 24, 2002
if you zoom in, its stretches the picture out and it dosent good.. they should of made it where if you got a widescreen TV and you buy and widescreen DVD.. that shit should fill the whole picture up and not leave no black bars at the bottom.. cause you right, that shit is annoying. especially when you got a 37inch TV and the movie makes it look like you got a 20inch screen

Apr 25, 2002
Ya gotta check the dvd what kind of widescreen version its formatted to. 1.85:1 is widescreen without the letterbox(the black on the top and bottom of the screen. 2.30:1 or 2.40:1 is gonna give you the letterbox reguardless. Fullscreen versions suck or stretching out with zoom clearly takes away from the original movie. 1.33:1 is a fullscreen version. Check the back of your dvd to see which format the specifications are....

May 9, 2002
707REPRESENTA said:
YEH LIKE YOUR REALLY MISSIN MUCH. LOL U WOULDNT WANNA MISS A PIECE OF THE POTTED PLANT IN THE CORNER OR THAT FANTASTIC COFEE MUG ON TOP OF THE DESK. HAHA THE MOVIE MAKERS MAKE SURE U SEE WUT WAS NEEDED TO BE SEEN IN THE MOVIE
It doesnt matter WHAT gets cut off, the point is that it DOES get cut off...I im payin, i wanna see ALL the shit they got on camera. Do you buy hot dogs that have the ends eaten off too?

Feb 5, 2006
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
It doesnt matter WHAT gets cut off, the point is that it DOES get cut off...I im payin, i wanna see ALL the shit they got on camera. Do you buy hot dogs that have the ends eaten off too?

HOTDOGS WITH EATEN ENDS IS WAY DIFFERENT. LOL I WATCH A MOVIE FOR THE MOVIE, NOT NO RANDOM ITEM OR PIECE OF WALL OR SKY IN THE OUTTER PARTS OF THE BACKGROUND