DVD PROBLEMS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 18, 2006
IM HAVING PROBLEMS WIT MY COMPUTER IDENTIFIYING DVDS. I TRIED DVD-R & DVD+R BUT MY COMPUTER DOSENT RECOGNIZE THEM. I SEARCHED THE WEB N A SITE SAID ONLY CERTAIN DRIVERS CAN BURN DVDS. I BURN CDS ALL THE TIME BUT DONT KNO NUTHIN ABOUT DVDS. WHAT IS A DRIVER? CAN IT BE DOWNLOADED? AND IS THERE A SPECIFIC TYPE A DRIVER FOR A COMPUTER?

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
ok i have learned in all my years before going to all other problems it might be to ask the most basicly shit and 9x out of 10 this is the problem, so here it goes. Is the drive you are putting in the DVD+R and -R a DVD-RW drive or is it just a CD-RW drive?

Oct 18, 2006
IT SAYS THERES TWO DRIVES, A DVD-ROM AND A CD-R/RW DRIVE, THEY DONT IDENTIFY BLANK DVDS. IS THERE A LIMIT AMOUNT OF DRIVERS THAT CAN BE ON A COMPUTER? I HAVE A XP, IS THERE A SPECIFIC TYPE OF DVD DRIVER FOR MY COMPUTER?

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
nob0die said:
hahaha... damn xraided... i should follow that approach ...... he dont even have a dvd burner.....

southsac... u only have s cd burner.. not a dvd burner.... all u can do is burn cd 's and watch dvd's... go to best buy and get a dvd-r/rw to burn dvd's.... until then ur computer wont recognize blank dvd's

hahahahah i got it right lol. no offense to dude with problem but i have had some basic shit like this happen before that was considered a "problem" lol. Screen on computer was blank and after 20min of telling her to check shit i finally thought to myself i wonder if the monitor is plugged in...and it wasnt lol. irs coo though...southsac did admit he didnt know anything about DVDs which is why i asked the most basic thing.

May 9, 2002
southsacsav916 said:
IT SAYS THERES TWO DRIVES, A DVD-ROM AND A CD-R/RW DRIVE, THEY DONT IDENTIFY BLANK DVDS. IS THERE A LIMIT AMOUNT OF DRIVERS THAT CAN BE ON A COMPUTER? I HAVE A XP, IS THERE A SPECIFIC TYPE OF DVD DRIVER FOR MY COMPUTER?

DVD-ROM's do NOT burn. DVD-RW's burn. You do NOT have a DVD burner.

Oct 18, 2006
nob0die said:
hahaha... damn xraided... i should follow that approach ...... he dont even have a dvd burner.....

southsac... u only have s cd burner.. not a dvd burner.... all u can do is burn cd 's and watch dvd's... go to best buy and get a dvd-r/rw to burn dvd's.... until then ur computer wont recognize blank dvd's
YEA I KNO, HE ALREADY STATED THAT IN THIS POST.