Done Deal Unveils It's New Identity: Major Roster Anouncement!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 11, 2003
When people hear the name Done Deal, it's easily associated with the powerhouse independent label that dominated the scene in the late 90s into the new millenium; a label that consisted of up and coming rappers from San Francisco's Fillmoe district: San Quinn, Willie Hen, Quinn's younger brother Bailey, Big Rich and Don Toriano who collectively made up the group Fully Loaded, and ultimately the young beast Ya Boy. As most know, everyone eventually went off on their own paths and grew, only achieving more than they did as a part of the label that jumpstarted their careers.

Well it looks like the Deal is in for another dynasty, and today we announce the larger than life roster that makes up 2006's Done Deal-- or Deal Done/New Identity.

Over the past years, the label has put the doubters and haters to rest, continuing to release quality albums.

"It's funny how people say that 'Done Deal' is done!!," said DD's President Kenny Scannell, letting out a laugh. "First off lemme set one thing straight. Done Deal is a family! Bailey is doin his thing, Willie Hen is making huge moves that aren't even being recognized! He just put out a classic album with Scarface and Malice: The Product. Big Rich and Chuck are making some nice moves since they got the deal with Koch. Rich has a tight ass video out right now. Ya Boy is doin his thing in LA with all the right people."

"If u wanna get real technical then we can talk about Deal Done/New Identity. We're Done Deal but we have our different names now for one reason or another whether it's branding an upcoming clothing line or using a similar name for legal purposes. We've been under the radar besides the recent releases from Quinn but we've been assembling a nice squad with youth and veteran power. Under Deal Done/New Identity we have San Quinn, Lil Quinn (Quinn's son), Hollywood from Richmond, California, Infamous J. Davinci, Seff Tha Gaffla (Get Low Playaz), Don Toriano (Fully loaded) , and the super producer/rapper Cozmo. We will continue to be a force in this music industry."

So there you have it. If you're up on today's talent you know all of these new signees have been on their steady grind and creating names for themselves individually. Don't know? Then we'll help you get acquainted.

San Quinn, the man needs no introduction. He's been Done Deal since the beginning and has six solid solo albums on his track record that have all sold thousands independently. As the C.O.O. of Done Deal he has also shown his executive side, making decisions that took the label forward over the years.

The next in line, Lil Quinn has charisma that could only identify him in the same bloodline as big Quinn. You heard him on "Mask Cracked," and a mixtape song here and there. Now he's coming to put all the little young pop rappers to shame and rep the bay all day while doing it.

Hollywood, Rich City's addition to the Deal. As the first new addition to the new DD, he is already at work on his debut solo album "Live and Direct From Rich City" and already has the first street single out on the streets. He's too fresh and too cool, and he's the east bay Dealer in the new roster. Check our feature on young Hollywood from a few days ago and get all the 411 on him.

Infamous J Davinci: A young, clever, Thorobred MC that can definitely spit! Not too many artists can keep it street but still match up with the most lyrical in the game. JD has already made a name for himself, pumping out street mixes like The Street Release which we dropped for free download. This 'artist' is set to unveil his masterpiece to the world, with his debut album by the name of The Mona Lisa. You might've heard him on Big Rich's first mixtape, or Ya Boy's Future of the Franchise too, so he's no stranger to the fam.

Seff The Gaffla, one of the first to put SF on the map! As an original member of the Get Low Playaz, Seff brough his lavish style to the table, and also dropped 2 independent albums on the world. After doing a bit of time, hes back and ready to introduce the new generation to the Gaffla. Last heard on The Rock alongside Quinn on "Planet Fillmoe."

Don Toriano. Known to most as one third of the young lions known as Fully Loaded. Bailey is the champ, Big Rich is larger than life, and Don was the bad seed. He dropped an album as "Young Know" which was a street classic before embarking on the group venture. With his 2 counterparts doing their thing majorly right now, he definitely has his own mark to make in the game.

Last but not least, we have Cozmo. A multi-talented man and a hustler. Not only can he spit but he can lay down tracks that you would swear were produced by one of today's top beatmakers. He's produced for Dipset's Hell Rell, The Game, E-40, Federation...the list goes on. His album as well as his production skills will grace the new identity of Done Deal.

So now that you know 2006's dealers, get ready to be dealt some heat, this year, 2007 and beyond. The first shot to set it off is Hollywood's new single "Put It In Motion", featuring San Quinn.

"I feel like we have a great team right now. That's what it takes! The music is tight and our core support system of Hjustin, Fillmoe Mike, JG, Mike, and Joey keep this machine running in full force. Everybody has heat on the way. This is just the beginning of things to come. there's more to do!" - Kenny

As usual, you know where to go for the latest info on anything poppin in the westcoast!

Jul 22, 2004
www.donedealworld.com
to summarize it for the non readers....

new roster:

san quinn
lil quinn
hollywood
infamous j davinci
seff tha gaffla (G.L.P.)
don toriano (Fully Loaded)
Cozmo

cozmo is an inhouse producer but he's gonna show his skills as a rapper on his next album. as far as latin artists go, we've been fuckin with Errelevent who's got lyrics for days.. but thats our roster right now. when i have a better idea for the release dates i'll let u know. go head and download our latest single- Hollywood ft. San Quinn - Put It In Motion.... u could find it on www west coast rydaz .com they did a nice article on him. i think they put it up for download on www.wild949.com under the baydestrian section too.

we have a couple things in the works when its time to break the news i'll let u know. for now check out the new single and give ya feedback. thanks!!!!!!

Feb 27, 2005
right on kenny for summing that up- i've heard errelevent stuff and he does got spitz.......(Likwid)-> true ethnicity dont got nothing to do with an individuals skills but like nbpsfc said- its good to have to have variety

Feb 11, 2006
Cozmo is sicccccc...all his shit wid killa tay and on daz and jt's joint is classic shit to me...he got the hook on a track wid killa tay on it from dat daz and jt shits one of the coldest verse i heard...if u aint heard go listne..i heard his recent mixtape over a few eastcoast beats hosted by quinn and shit slapz..