Done Deal Fam review...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
After months of anticipation and delays, San Quinn, Willie Henn and Fully Loaded drop a group album under the label name The Done Deal Fam.

1. Is It A Deal-An intro track. A drum beats faster like the heart of a crackhead about to smoke rocks.

2. U G L Y-The Fam raps to a quick beat about being unheard of, being poor, and makin money. The group also raps about their way of life and what surrounds them, "I Know some niggas with no cars, no gear and no change, no benz no lex and no Range, no morals, no love and no fam..."-Willie Henn 9/10

3. Say Hey-another quick beat produced by Icy Mike. This track for one reason or another sounds repetitive but is also interesting to listen to. The chorus: "Say Hey," is very basic. The Fam still lays flaming lyrics, and overall the track is worth listening to. The topic of disscussion seems to be pimping power and money along with envy: "Im a rap game vet, I rep done deal dog tag around my neck it reminds me of all this mney i gotta get cats is playing around we holdin the Sco down with Verbs and Pro nouns...like screw yall niggas, who is yall niggas to hate, we did Welcome to the Bay for you Niggas..."-Big Rich 8/10

4. Burnerz and Throwawayz-Though the Fam hs matured and became versatyle in their raps, the Fillmore group keeps it real with the streetz on an Icy Mike beat with co-production by Fully Loaded member J. Bailey. Don Toriano raps about the effects of street life on his family: "Fuck the Black and Whites, my father got 30 to life, ain't trustin shit everbody is Shiest" as Willie Henn breaks down the chorus "We keep our burners and our throwaways, you ask why cause everyday is one of those days, stay fly, Somehow some way, never keep my money where I let my head lay." One for the riders, the drinkers, the cutthoats, the shows, but still one for the club. 10/10

5. What the Fam Like-Icy Mike Beats replays the notes to an old radio classic (by DJ Quik or Dwayne Wiggins I believe," as the Done Deal Fam lays down a club style slap with a summer feel. The Family comes with clever club-like lyrics with musical vocals by Kennita "The whole crew fulla hard hittaz, we all live men, girls wait outside to see what we ride in..."-Willie Henn. This track is pleasing and appeals to a large demographic of people; it would be a great radio track. 10/10

6. What I please: Bailey, San Quinn and Willie Henn lay it down pimpstyle on a funky 1970's sounding Dion Peete beat. James "Stomp Dow" Bailey lays a few words of wisdom before the chorus before Quinn brags "Im doin 10 mph down market street, horns bowin, but fuck you its my world and Im still rollin, Im a cool cat slcker than hair grease they respect my earnings my girls don't sleep." This song definitely has that pimp a bitch feeling. 8.5/10

7. Arrogant-The Fam takes a break from the Mic to let The Riddla step in a do his thing on a Mr. Peete beat. The Riddla definitely has flows: "Like the songs on Napster Ill leave you leavin Bastard," later adding "I rep where Im from Where I live, I live where I stay I stay where I prey I prey where you lay so when I pray on Niggaz its nothin they can do but stand there and accept me puttin a glock to their tooth..." 10/10

8. Anything-The Fam minus Toriano drop the radio single to a trumpet sounding Mr Peete beat with the simple chorus of "Niggaz be saying...Niggaz be doin, Niggaz be listening to...Anything Anything Anything." Overall the song is definitely realistic, from dating bitches who listen to "anything," and about jcats and haters in the game. Definitely a solid track and worth a few spins on the radio. 8/10

9. Hard to Get-The Fam comes with another groupie-fucking-pimpstyle jam by Mr. Peete. Overall the song was decent, but was definitely experimental. This one isnt a skipper, but its not one you throw on those pimpin ass mix tapes you shoot your ignorent ass Jay Z/Murder Inc. listening homeboys. 7/10

10. The Family featurng Submarine Funk-The Fam comes hard to a dope beat produced by Mr. Sirate. The song is very much military minded, talking about being Marines, being hard and being generals. This is one of the knocks on the album, though their arent very many you cant knock. "Runs in the family, runs in the blood, Runs the race with heart passion and love, with the mic in my face I rip out the plug, heater in my face with the gloves and the leather, birds of a feather all flock together, from the C to the D my niggaz flock together."-San Quinn 10/10

11. Play Your Position-Icy Mike drops another bomb on the track as the fam talks about the "position" of people in the "Game." The beat is fire, and the lyrics are good but the concept of turning upcoming rappers and gamers into water boys and bitches doesn't really float my boat, though it is true that the bayrap market is overcrowded. 7/10

12. D-Fresh-A phone skit about organizing D-Fresh and making him go big. A nice beat by Bailey and Peete.

13. Quicksand performed by D-Fresh- Fresh drops some deep lyrics about street life. Overall the fact that this track is something special it could be overshadowed by the effort on the album. 8.5/10

14. Deal With It-"Smack Niggas up, back niggaz up, we do the mafia and we whac niggaz up,"-San Quinn. This song seems to be a status song. The Fam explains their popularity and its growth as they continue to rap. Everyone rips the mic, but Quinns flow is exceptionally mezmorizing. Another knock here. 10/10

15. Losing Family-The Fam raps abot streetlife, about murder and about the loss of family. They go into the first time they saw death coming, how they saw it come for cousins and other people that were cousins and how they didnt know. The concept is definitely excellent and the lyrics are well worth it. Notible verses by San Quinn and Big Rich. The only annoying thing is this lady that keeps poppin up and talking. Fuck her. 10/10

16. You got Flamed-Just call this album the "Knock-A-Lation" cause it doesn't fuckin stop. San Quinn,Big Rich and the Riddla drop some flaming battle-style lyrics burning everybody who steps in the way. "I open my jaws and unleash hells temperature, hit ya with flamible liquid saliva mixtures..."-The Riddla. 10/10

17. Rossi Nights (FFSC)-This is a clubstyle track. The beat by Dunce is cool, very latin sounding. The group spits some cool lyric. Overall the subject matter and drinking references are dope, the song is cool but the total chemistry of the track doesnt match the way the Fam's did. 7/10

Overall this album is the best pickup of the year. Willie Henn, The Riddla, and Fully Loaded have shown they can shine with their catchy yet thoughtful lyrics, but Quinn still shows they are the little homies with his unmatched lyrics and rythem. The beats on this album are fire. The production team definitely has a jump on any other team in the bay. The Fam is well worth the $, so don't sleep. 9/10

Apr 25, 2002
a couple of thoughts i had for improvement...a few more guest appearences, Kee with FFSC, E-40 on Anything, Mac Dre on what I please, Xzhibit or Rass Kass or you Got Flamed. Also, another cut or two with those battle raps on You Got Flamed and what the Riddla spit, other than that its nearly flawless.

Apr 25, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^

i think they were trying to keep it "in the family" on this one as far as guests go....

where did you get this madd dogg?? i'm going straight to tower after work and if they dont have it i'm gonna raise hell:eek:

Mista CaNE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.mistacane.com
I'd like to know what you guys push with this album. If people don't support this cd i'm ah lose all faith. Done Deal continuous to please and drop quality cd's. From the rhymes to the beats, and more importantly the sincerity in the flows is unmatched in the bay at this time. Nobody likes a whiner or a madd rapper type so I won't give as many compliments as I should. But I will say this album is solid all the way through, don't sleep on this one... "Anything" needs to be on the radio. I think everyone stepped up on this album, there's memorable verses from every member. Again if I HAD to choose something I didn't like, I'd say Toriano isn't on enough tracks compared to others, but then again I was pleased with the whole cd so why bitch. Anyways... send a msg to the camp Chuck that there are still a few out there who appreciate the effort y'all put (though you put us through hell waitin lol) in and if it's any consilation we copp the true shit such as this. Pz

Apr 25, 2002
San Bruno, Ca
www.myspace.com
chuck, dont trip about the wait! sometimes shit dont happen the way you want it, but DONE DEAL ENT. puts out quality.

something alot of cats in this business lack! good things come to those who wait, and ya'll deserve it!

COP THIS ALBUM YA'LL, WORTH THE WAIT & MULA, ALSO DONT SLEEP ON THAT F.F.S.C. release date OCT. 1ST