DOMINO STRATEGY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
i like to think that i'm pretty good at bones, but every now and then, i play somebody who understands the game on a much deeper level than myself. i understand basic strategy, but would anybody (who has been locked up lol) like to share some of the more complex domino techniques, and strategies haha

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
If it's Double Six, then it's super easy to count the bones and still be fast with the move. I personally always use a defensive approach when I play bones... With that being said, there's not really anymore complex techniques if playing standard Double Six. It just comes down to the luck of the draw from the Boneyard. It starts to get complex when you start messing with Double Nines, IMO.

Jun 2, 2002
i'm sayin though...muthafuckers pick up there bones and are like, "i have a hella good (or bad) hand" and i'm like, shit, how can you tell?? i never know if i have a good hand until it's my turn and i see what i can play on...i know that having double-blank, blank-5, and double 5 make it easier to score if the person before you did, but other than that, i can't fuckin tell beforehand.

Jazzo

Master of Debauchery
Aug 18, 2003
Off the Grid
i'm sayin though...muthafuckers pick up there bones and are like, "i have a hella good (or bad) hand" and i'm like, shit, how can you tell?? i never know if i have a good hand until it's my turn and i see what i can play on...i know that having double-blank, blank-5, and double 5 make it easier to score if the person before you did, but other than that, i can't fuckin tell beforehand.
Example, if your holding 5 bones that have four's, then that's a good hand. You know there's only 7 total bones of each #, so in this case there would only be two more four's in the yard or in your opponent's hand.

Say your opponent leads with the Double Five for Tension (Standard Move) and you have 4 or 5 five's in your hand, then you know he fucked up and don't know how to play Bones! You can lock his ass out and make him reach for several more bones more than likely!

Aug 9, 2002
Sometimes when slappin bones each game is different cause muthafuckas play different. Depending on the people u wit or how many people, some people play wit 7 dominoes or 9. Some people play that u gotta score 10 just to get ur name on the paper(the big homie that was locked up said that's opening an account to put ur money in lol) some people play 10's and up, some people count 5's. Can't stand playin 5's cause niggas be rackin up scrap points lol. 10's make you strategize harder.

Aug 9, 2002
Playin against a muthafucka that has been locked up is the hardest ones to play! When its 4 people they can look at the board and know what's in everybodies hand before the next play. I can count the board pretty good but damn! They be pullin points outta nowhere. Playin and tellin who can't play and who is gonna score. Lockin the bosed on purpose cause they know they have the lowest dominoes. U leard from them but it gets frustrating when scoreboard reads 150-50 lol!

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
i'm sayin though...muthafuckers pick up there bones and are like, "i have a hella good (or bad) hand" and i'm like, shit, how can you tell??
NO ONE CAN TELL... I CANT COUNT THE TIMES IVE HEARD THE OTHER 3 MUTHAFUCKAS AT THE TABLE SAYIN HOW GOOD THEIR HAND IS, THEN IM THE LAST ONE SLAMMIN THE BONES ON THE TABLE, OR EVEN LOCKIN THE GAME UP WIT NOTHIN IN MY HAND...

Aug 9, 2002
NO ONE CAN TELL... I CANT COUNT THE TIMES IVE HEARD THE OTHER 3 MUTHAFUCKAS AT THE TABLE SAYIN HOW GOOD THEIR HAND IS, THEN IM THE LAST ONE SLAMMIN THE BONES ON THE TABLE, OR EVEN LOCKIN THE GAME UP WIT NOTHIN IN MY HAND...
I know right. That's why I shut the fuck and play. Sometimes when u tell that u got a good hand that shit backfires. Those cats be the ones that end up givin up hella points when the next man dominoes.

May 14, 2002
www.Straight-Up.info
I play 10 to get in, but then you can count 5's after that. That's the way I like to play. Sometimes you know you can at least fuck up someone's play, so I might do that sometimes if it looks like I can't score.