DOM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
damn I just heard this shit...That shit was Garbage....there was two decent songs The Cream Song and Dopeman. The rappers was cool but the way people was hyping the music I expected something I could listen to. Also this aint nothing new as someone tried to explain..people been redoing samples and music for years...some better then others unfortunetly this was not one of the cases.

Apr 5, 2003
damn I just heard this shit...That shit was Garbage....there was two decent songs The Cream Song and Dopeman. The rappers was cool but the way people was hyping the music I expected something I could listen to. Also this aint nothing new as someone tried to explain..people been redoing samples and music for years...some better then others unfortunetly this was not one of the cases.
Honesty for that ass! I haven't heard it yet but I was feeling both tracks they made videos for. Who's all on there?

Feb 27, 2010
Isn't DOM still a mixtape? You're still using someone's beat you do NOT have rights to. I understand the concept of your favorite tracks on steroids. All I gotta say is it MUST be better than the orignal for me to fuck with it. No disrespect, the flow GO, but if you are using someone else's beat, it's considered a mixtape.

Aug 9, 2002
Isn't DOM still a mixtape? You're still using someone's beat you do NOT have rights to. I understand the concept of your favorite tracks on steroids. All I gotta say is it MUST be better than the orignal for me to fuck with it. No disrespect, the flow GO, but if you are using someone else's beat, it's considered a mixtape.
They not taken beats, they usin samples from beats previously used but addin the southeast twist to it. So yeah we have rights to a sample under 8 secs. Actually they remakin beats Batkave style.

50cal

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Also i aint hypercritical to be critical...The other day Young Sau did a song for the album Actions Speak louder then words we working on...and I told him I wasnt feelin it. Some may love it though...Double R killed the last verse...the beat was natural for his style...and I felt between Sau and Obnoxious there energy was contrasting the energy of the beat even though there lyrics was nice. I hope we can revisit this when the album drop to get some feedback...

Feb 27, 2010
They not taken beats, they usin samples from beats previously used but addin the southeast twist to it. So yeah we have rights to a sample under 8 secs. Actually they remakin beats Batkave style.
The beats sound real similar to the originals. Some new hi-hats, snares, basslines, etc. It still falls under copyright infringement. Since you said that they have rights to sample under 8 seconds, did they get permission from Bad Boy Records or Notorious BIG to do that Sidewayz version of "Juicy?" It's even called the same name. Don't get me wrong, that shit slaps. I just wanna understand how they were able to legally re-create a song like that without any legal issues. Imagine if the shit blows up, I mean really blows up. One example was the hit song “Please don’t stop the music” by Rihanna. Parts of the song had been sampled from Michael Jackson’s 1983 hit “Wanna be startin’ something” for which Rihanna claims she sought his permission. However, it turns out that Jackson had, himself, sampled that fragment from “Soul Makossa”, by Afro funk jazzman Manu Dibango from Cameroon. First recorded in 1972, it is considered by many to be the first disco song. Manu Dibango, seventy somethin years old now, sued both Jackson and Rihanna for copyright infringement in the French courts. I guess that's only somethin to worry about if you sellin records nationwide.

I've hopped on some mixtape shit before, but I still don't understand the point of it. What ever happened to creativity? All the time put into mixtapes and/or remixtapes can be used to create somethin new to thy EARS! You can only go so far with a mixtape. I bet mixtape tracks will never go as far as the original. So unless niggas don't mind bein shallow of original, do the damn thang! That's just my opinion though. I speak for myself.

Ps. Not knockin DOM or the Batkave either. Just wanted clarification. I know for a fact the Batkave got heaterz!

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i like some songs, some songs aint that great.
ill leave it at that.

ill play the ones im feelin on agnb tomorrow

i think they should have used more 'classic beats' to remix, because some of those beats are IMO, are forgettable within the next year or so.

just a small .2 cents
but some beats like cream, juicy, dopeman, few others, fall under that. theres just a few that kinda seemed outta place to the whole scheme of things, or how i view it.

i liked the idea. its just the first one. and the songs i wasnt really feeling, i know someone else will. so its all good. cant hate on somethin free.

Dec 6, 2008
Gangsta Gold you be everywhere my nigga. i like your spunk
lol!! good lookin folks! ya know da dankcity boy gotta stay in da place and all in there face at all times....! chuuch!

dat shit was hella packed...

i was like: yo im gold macnificent,my name should be on da list...
chick gon tell me: aint no list...$25 please...lol
i was like: dang!!! im on da cd thoe....lol

2 make a long convo short....who ever got da money from da door,really caked up last nite!!!

tommy redding,baby bandit,tiny doo,sonny bo,12guage shottie,batkave,dj jam & hella other artist was in da buildin... it was baby bigg last nite! chuuch!

Jun 3, 2009
ask anybody who came out last night they gone tell u it smacked and there was no dramma... D.O.M we bring em out !!!!! ..now... all that copyright shit dont matter bro we aint sellin the shit its for promo only.. the reason we remixin the beats is to get a different audiance thats not up on S.E.S.D music .. sometimes u gotta give them somthin formilliar to get they attention bro .. and it takes away the excuse that allot of us get from djs that wen they play local music it fucks up the dance floor becuse people dont know it dont like it or dont care...for agruements sake YES its a mixtape .. but we jus call it a remixtape becus we remixed the beats (unlike ur standard mixtape that jus has niggas rappin over industy beats...so we thought death of the mixtape wud be clever .. every song aint for everybody but theres somethin on there for YOU .. we jus tryin to work toward sum unity yall.. if u dont like the music thats coo but the audiance we tryin to target is more with it than against it .. its free so i dont need to sell yall on it but u can holla at me on twitter @thebatkave if ur lookin for quick answers to any of ur questions about the remixtapes ,D.O.M,the batkave or whatever .. ok yall 1daygo