Does San Jose have a ghetto?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 11, 2006
siccmadesyko @siccmadesyko I always play ur fucking video when I see your post, I fucking love that song, its insane live too HAHA off topic sorry
My brotha Unk1ne @Unk1ne , Thats what's up. I went to the 10 year perseverance anniversary show and got to meet them at Ace of Spades and kick it with jasta and white chapel for a bit. They still put on a dope show. how you been breh

Props: Unk1ne

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
I've lived all over the Bay Area, but I've spent the majority of my life between Oakland and Martinez, currently in Vallejo.

Other places I've lived:
Daly City
Concord
Pleasant Hill

It didn't seem any worse than Concord. I went to San Jose for a Craiglist trade and it was in Alum Rock, people told me it was really bad there, but the trade went fine, and the neighborhood seemed average. If that's the bad area, I think that's pretty good.

Dec 2, 2006
Reno,Nv
My brotha Unk1ne @Unk1ne , Thats what's up. I went to the 10 year perseverance anniversary show and got to meet them at Ace of Spades and kick it with jasta and white chapel for a bit. They still put on a dope show. how you been breh
Thats fucking dope, Chaple new album going to kill it, jus fucking living the dream trying to stay afloat In this world

trying to go to the club n gps had us going to some other section of san jose last year. U can tell it was the hood. shit looked like the latin version of international blvd lol. idk where in san jose that was, but it was hookers on the corner and gang bangers walking down the st. I am like ok i guess san jose do got a street part idk what part that was tho. it was at night

Jan 23, 2004
I've lived all over the Bay Area, but I've spent the majority of my life between Oakland and Martinez, currently in Vallejo.

Other places I've lived:
Daly City
Concord
Pleasant Hill

It didn't seem any worse than Concord. I went to San Jose for a Craiglist trade and it was in Alum Rock, people told me it was really bad there, but the trade went fine, and the neighborhood seemed average. If that's the bad area, I think that's pretty good.
So are you saying any craigslist ad in Oakland, Martinez and Vallejo is just a set up for me to get robbed, or something bad to happen to me?

Dec 18, 2015
Of course San Jo has ghettos. Just like every other city. Alum rock area is both. Hood and regular. The east side is pretty big with hoods all over. I'd say the most "ghetto" spot is the east. Yeah there isn't a gun shop or boarded houses on every corner but it's still hood. I'm from the North Side where its hood as well but I guess doesnt quite "look" ghetto to some.

May 2, 2018
The thing about San Jose... you can be driving through a really ugly run down gang infested hood then bam! You pass the next street and theres million dollar homes and rich asians.

It's super gentrified. San Jose was the first city to get gentrified in the bay because tech literally started in san Jose. That's why its called silicon valley. But there are still lots of hoods. Sj is the largest city in northern California. Think of LA.. same thing, you can be in the ghetto and across the street there is Beverly hills and Hollywood.

It's more visible in smaller cities because it's not as spread out. In sj it can take you an hour to get from the east side to the west side on a regular day. I worked in SJ for a couple years so I got to know my way around but it's just a big ass city with like 1.2million people and you can end up in the wrong hood on accident if you don't know.

Props: hellatall1991

hellatall1991

Sep 13, 2018
Honestly to me, San Jose feels like a way bigger Concord. You have some wealth, and then you have a poor, but generally family oriented Mexican side that has some gang activity, but is over exaggerated.

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
I heard it’s one of the safest cities, but it also used to be active with that gang bangin shit, tons of people that live in sac came from San Jose and told me a lot of stories about how active it was out there. One of my Norte homies from east side San Jo got jumped really bad by some other Nortes for being in the wrong hood at night....San Jose is also where Lowrider magazine started.