Does recording vocals in the bathroom really have an advantage?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
You know, I've never actually tried this. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks bout it. Even though I don't have along enough Cable to reach over to my bathroom. LOL!

Aug 12, 2002
Try it and see if you like the sound... If you caught OutKast on mtv cribs a while back, their pre-production studio has the mic in the shower. DJ Quik is known for recording vocals all over his house to get the desired sound for specific tracks and he records hand claps in the bathroom because the reverb sounds good. But ultimately, the important thing to consider is if you feel the sound is good.

-=bumpus=-

Apr 25, 2002
Is there an advantage to recording vocals in a bathroom? Only that you get some free reverb out of it, I guess. And that's if you don't have an effects processor or any other means to add reverb.

The only time I would record vocals in a bathroom is if there wasn't anywhere else better to do it. Or I just didn't give a shit about quality control.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AN AMBIENCE ROOM YOU CAN TRACK IN YOUR BATHROOM. NOW THE QUESTION IS WHY ARE YOU LOOKING FOR AN AMBIENCE ROOM?

ARE YOU DOING CERTAIN PERCUSION PIECES?
DO YOU NEED CERTAIN VOCAL TAKES TO HAVE A NATURAL VERB?

TWO STUDIOS I HAVE WORKED OUT OF DURING THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF HAVE HAD ECHO CHAMBERS. PRAIRIE SUN (COTATI) AND SOUND FARM RECORDING STUDIO (VACAVILLE).

IT IS WHAT IT IS.........

:h:

PS I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TRACK DRY AND ADD FX LATER.

Apr 25, 2002
Every bathroom everywhere I've ever lived has had a loud ass fan in it that turns on when you turn the light on.

There's a track on Beanie Sigel's last album that Daz produced... I think in an interview he said they recorded it in Daz's kitchen.

V-BOY

On the Rise
May 2, 2002
www.vboyraps.com
I would touch that one blood

its cool for claps or snare drums licks
but think about this
all that sound bouncing of the walls an tile will
be permenent on your medium ( adat , reel , hard disk )
so any EQ compression or efx's you do after will be done to your voice and all that other shit which could get messy and muddy
the deader the room the better
late