Does anyone care about the Stanley Cup

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 25, 2006
yeah, hopefully they can stay in Pittsburgh, they've had some pretty good history. I don't understand why they had Eddie Olczyk as a coach, they pretty much had no chance because of that. He wasn't that great of player, and I don't think he had much if any coaching experience, and the coach they have now, I don't think he'll have much luck either. They should of tried to get Marc Crawford before he went to L.A, or Ted Nolan, but now hes in Long Island.

For some reason, my favorite team is San Jose. But sometimes it sucks, like in the playoffs, they were playing Edmonton, and I wanted San Jose to win because they're my fav, but being Canadian, I wanted Edmonton to win. Oh well, Edmonton won, which is good, but it looks like there gonna loose in 5 games, 6 games at the most in the cup this year.

Sep 1, 2003
that goal in OT by pisani was fuckin sav....i like spoiling the party lol

i hope the oilers smash em in edmonton on saturday

:devious:

Mar 25, 2006
yeah, that game was so good. I was at this sportsbar watching it, and after every Oiler goal, this radio station bought rounds of beer or food for everyone in the bar. 16 seconds in, the Oilers scored and we all got free beers, then the next one everyone got free ribs, then more beer, than hot ass wings for the O.T winner.

May 15, 2002
^^sweet. I wish they didn't have 2 days off before the next game. I'm gonna be at work for game 6 and no one at work lets me watch hockey (but they watch Animal Planet all fucking day- over 8 hours of that shit). I guess I'll have to negotiate..or just get a universal remote.:devious:

May 6, 2002
Where do you stay at ghetto_chef?

I am in Canada right now for my cuzins wedding (Ontario) and will be at a bbq to watch game 7. I'm not a Carolina fan, but 1.6 to win 1 is not bad. Edmonton is 1 to win 1.4.

I am going for Carolina on this one, by NHL work (fix).

Mar 25, 2006
714KaliHydro - I'm a couple provinces to the west in Saskatchewan. Its a shitty, boaring, plain province, and Im sure if you ask anyone there, they'll tell you the same. Its a pretty big province, but theres under a million people that live in it. Where about are you in Ontario.

Anyway, Does anyone have any game 7 predictions?

Mar 25, 2006
Yeah, I wouldnt't doubt it if the NHL fixed the game. Look at the final 4 teams that were in it. Buffalo, Carolina, Edmonton were all struggling markets last season, and the NHL was super worried about Carolina, and they made it to the Cup. Anahiem, I think had pretty good fan support last season.

LaKeRzz8 --> I agree there my fav team for some reason, but it was fuckin hard to decide who to cheer for when they played against Edmonton. I wasnt sure if I should cheer for San Jose, or the Canadian team, so I would of been happy either way.

I think the team that score first will win the game, Im sure it will start out with some big hits and a very fast pace. I gotta go with Edmonton to win, because of Carolinas injuries, but they have to get on the board early, because if Ward gets into a zone, hes almost impossible to beat.

May 6, 2002
ghetto_chef said:
714KaliHydro - I'm a couple provinces to the west in Saskatchewan. Its a shitty, boaring, plain province, and Im sure if you ask anyone there, they'll tell you the same. Its a pretty big province, but theres under a million people that live in it. Where about are you in Ontario.

Anyway, Does anyone have any game 7 predictions?
Ya, I have heard of Saskatchewan. I asked my cuzins and they said they have never been there. I am in London, about two hours North of Detroit and two hours south of Toronto. I go back home tommorow (thank god, no offense). I love Canada (and lived here for 2 years), but a couple days is my limit. I really need to get back to so cal.

I put 255 on Carloina (to win 150). I predicted a 3-1 game, just as soon as your CBC commentator said 3-1 Edmonton, I just bit and switched it around.
No way Edmonton was going to take this one. I mean, 11 our of the 13 teams to play a game 7 at home won. That gives a what, 7.5% chance? There are teams that can do it, but I didn't feel Edmonton was that team.

Ducks 07

May 6, 2002
Ya, we drop the "Mighty" next year.
It's the new owners way of getting away from Disney and hopefully generating revenue outside of So Cal.

Our last jersey's weren't exactly stunning either. The new ones are alright. The "D" is the weakest font I have seen in a while though.