Dodgers, Angels, Giants all interested in Cabrera

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2005
link: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/marlins/content/sports/epaper/2007/11/08/a1c_marlins_1109.html

ORLANDO - The New York Yankees were first in line to talk to the Marlins about third baseman Miguel Cabrera, but that doesn't mean he'll wear pinstripes in The Bronx next year.

The focus on Cabrera shifted to the West Coast on Wednesday as the Dodgers, Angels and Giants all emerged as competitors with the Yankees, Red Sox and White Sox for Florida's four-time All Star.

----------------------------------------

Story says the Dodgers have the most to offer the Marlins, who want a center fielder and a starting pitcher.

Mar 12, 2005
the giants have tim lincecum and we can give them Nate Schierholts, Randy Winn, Dave Roberts. Lincecum alone should get the deal done, but I'm straight. Lincecum and cain are like the D-Backs of 2001-2002 with Randy Johnson and Curt Schilling

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
angels can give them ..bartolo colon and gary matthews jr......center field and a strating pitcher ....there it iss!!....but then again ,..theres alot of good free agents on the market right now its gonna get interesting to see who goes to where in the months to come!...

Sep 25, 2005
Lincecum is going nowhere. The only starter the Giants have to deal right now is Lowry or Sanchez.
at least not for Carbera. i am sure the Marlins are not looking forward to trading away their 24 year old superstar/all star/ws ring holder for a pitcher thats just a breakdown away from being finished

Sep 25, 2005
angels can give them ..bartolo colon and gary matthews jr......center field and a strating pitcher ....there it iss!!...

lol, funniest thing i have heard all day. a journeyman and a washed up fat pitcher (both of whom are way overpaid) for a SUperstar!!! lol

Sep 25, 2005
for all of you Giants fans that think you can give the Marlins nothing for Carera, have this in mind.

at the trading deadline the Dodgers offered JAMES LONEY, MATT KEMP AND CHAD BILLINGSLEY for Cabrera, Malins said NO

Sep 25, 2005
if you count in the top prospect MLB youngsters youde have to give up Cabrera might me more expensive than ARod

For Giants
ARod=30 Milion
Cabrera=20 Million + Matt Cain AND Tim Lincicum

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
^he's still about out of the Giants' price range.
not really, no one's out of our price range this year. that was the purpose of dumpin all the players we had a chance to. With Armando Benitez we dropped about $8 mill, then with Matt Morris with dropped about another $8 mill. Then with not signin Barry that frees up another $15 mill. So like I and everyone else already knew we got at least $30 mill to spend. But I highly doubt McGowan will use it all. But that's just from the 3 older players we bounced this year, I know there's a few others here and there.

Jan 5, 2006
we can mostlikely afford arod but we dont need 1 player, their strategy is to get someone to replace barry and sell out the seats. And bringin that money will open up more room for spending on other players. But i think id rather have the youngsters play and gain experience and get a couple of better batters for the price of 1 arod or cabrera.