Do You Think The BMW Needs A Sound?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 15, 2008
STOP LAUGHING @ The TITLE M****F***a I MEANT NW. I don't care what anybody says the NW does not have a signature sound. Alot of artists copy what the Bay or another part of Cali is doing or like myself take alittle from everything I was raised on and currently like. Do you think in order to succeed on major level we need something that when people hear it they know where it's coming from? Or is it just as simply as alot of acts consistently coming up with good material?

Mar 25, 2003
www.myspace.com
I think that our sound of many different styles is what makes the northwest so unique compared to other regions and it will more depend on acts coming up with more material and a couple artists stepping out of the region and promoting the music to the masses and industry while letting them know where he or she is from, right now Cool Nutz is a example of this with his travels to norway and various united states cities outside of the northwest

Nov 30, 2002
i think we have our own sound.. you got d-sane (who makes beats like him) syko (heavy in the bay game) bosko, cool nutz, vitamin d, jake one, bean one... we have our own sound.. not too many people outside the NW like it tho.. at least from what ive seen

Apr 25, 2002
i think we have our own sound.. you got d-sane (who makes beats like him) syko (heavy in the bay game) bosko, cool nutz, vitamin d, jake one, bean one... we have our own sound.. not too many people outside the NW like it tho.. at least from what ive seen
Agree 100%. Also throw Sabzi and Mugz in there (the guy who does Tha Loco's beats). None of those guys sounds like anybody I've heard nationally, all very unique and talented.

Aug 15, 2008
Just Tryna Spark Sumn

Is this dude like 15 or something? He's a bit high strung.
Naw I'm just confused about why ever other coast got their chance and as awhole we haven't. It's frustrating doing shows in the East and South & hearing what promoters and artists think about Seattle's music scene. Plus I'm tryna spark conversation in an otherwise dead forum.

Dec 12, 2006
I think its kinda hard to make a NW sound, seems like west oregon and wash are just really to different to be on the same line as the eastern sides of those states. I really like certified ive been really impressed, but I kinda hear a different sound on the two sides and no question to me there from the eastern side, maybe its a little midwest vs west coast sound I dunno

May 4, 2005
we have our own sound.

it differs from seattle to portland.

we have some of the best producers out here:

bosko
nonstop
syko
d-sane
kuddie mak
roc'a'phella
torrey ward
funk daddy
n whoever does steve's beats.

all heat. but they all got a sig. sound.

to your question "succeed on a major level"
been asked a million times on here..

answer: not happenin... the rap game is trash... and i dont see it goin nowhere but digital sales and ringtones...

Aug 15, 2008
*LOL @ The threads name change*
I appreciate it Miles. But as far as what they say about The NW. They don't believe that NW artists even have what it takes to get taken seriously by a major (i.e. a sound, a region movement, ear for hits etc). I don't care to be on a major, I got my own Digital Distribution Network as well as a growing physical Distribution network my only thing is to get the industry to RESPECT us. I was just wonderin' would a signature sound or movement help us gain the industry respect.