Do you have a teenager(s)?...do you/did you enjoy weed?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
My question is simple. What do you tell them about weed? Do you tell them not to do it? Do you you not mind if they do smoke?

I want to know cause I be hella stumped with my 15 yr old son. I tell him not to fuck with it but I like one hell of a hypocrite cause I know how much I love it. I haven't smoked in 3 years cause of my job but yea.

Just want to see what y'all got to say.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
My daughter has tried to get me to let her try it, but that would make me a friend and not a parent. I know I can't control the decisions she makes on her own, but I can influence the ones she makes while she is still under my roof and I have influence. As a parent, you should always want better for your children in their success, so anything I can do in that progression I will. We talk about the pros and cons of everything. Nobody was there to tell me shit. All I wanted to be when I grew up was a gangster and a drug dealer like my pops. The most important thing for her is to stay focused on the things that will set her up for being successful in life. Anything that can potentially delay that should not be an option.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2004
DuceTheTruth @DuceTheTruth good question. My son is 16 and I am honest with him about his potential as a human being with and without mind altering substances. I feel ya on the hypocrisy level cuz I been burning in front of him and drinking ever since I can remember, doesnt mean I blow it in his face or pour him on up wit a sip of my forty. But since he is a little bit older now I do take the time to explain to him my addictions and why I hope he chooses not to follow in my footsteps. My pops never told me shit, he always just said dont expect me to be there when you fuck up and he aint never lie craig cuz every time I fucked up I was standing alone before the judge and in front of any p.o. I had to report to. The good thing I think I got going on for my family is that we live way in the mountains and he does not have the opportunities I had to have access to anything that could potentially steer him in the wrong direction. overall, its up to him I tell him, also I tell him ultimately its him that has to live with the consequences of his actions. Word.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
I appreciate all the feedback. This is one of them questions where had my dad been around in my life to teach me the laws of the land I wouldn't be asking this here. That "cool dad" shit was funny. I'm cool, but only to an extent...my son knows I don't play when it comes to schoolwork and them grades. He knows that with every action there is a consequence whether good or bad. It's crazy watching him make that transition from young teenager to being that young adult who thinks they know everything....i remember them days smh

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
My daughter has tried to get me to let her try it, but that would make me a friend and not a parent. I know I can't control the decisions she makes on her own, but I can influence the ones she makes while she is still under my roof and I have influence. As a parent, you should always want better for your children in their success, so anything I can do in that progression I will. We talk about the pros and cons of everything. Nobody was there to tell me shit. All I wanted to be when I grew up was a gangster and a drug dealer like my pops. The most important thing for her is to stay focused on the things that will set her up for being successful in life. Anything that can potentially delay that should not be an option.
what you said is hella on point. my dad and cousins tried to smoke with me hella earlier than i was ready because they considered me the "cool one" in the family, but in reality at the time i felt like my dad and cousins were pushing it on me, like they really wanted to introduce me to getting high, because they thought it would be cool. so i purposely kept turning them down. when i did smoke, it was cool and we bonded on a dad and son tip or what not, but to be honest with you, it turned us into friends, just like you said. my dad ended up bieng my stoner buddy. shit he'd do, like gave me a completely different outlook on how i viewed my dad.and if you wanna look at weed as a gateway, later on that opened up the world to shit that would take too long to post here, crack, prostitutes, crackhouses, etc.. and this was because my dad felt open to me at that point. to be honest im glad i learned those lessons through him and no one else, but man.its what that first joint led into at the end of the day. he prolly aint expect it to go that far, but to this day, me and my dad are way past buddies. were at the level where we can pull licks together. is that good? hell nah. but it is what it is.

if i wpuld look at my child in the future? id keep him or her away form it. tell them to focus on the prize/goal. later on? drugs will be there. but stick to bieng the best you can be and getting that paper. later on drugs will be there.
hthe current idea....smoke at the pad..with me. if you gotta. and ima hit you with the real deal cuz as a father ima have my son back

just my opinion imo sorry for ramblin

May 6, 2002
My guy isn't even 2 years old yet.
I'm going to pretend to bust him so hard when I catch his ass. Make a HUGE deal about it. Get him all sketched out and kill his high. Then just tell him I'm kidding.

It's legal. Can't get on him. He's not doing anything wrong according to the law. I'll give my 2 cents on it, about not doing it, hopefully he listens...

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
My guy isn't even 2 years old yet.
I'm going to pretend to bust him so hard when I catch his ass. Make a HUGE deal about it. Get him all sketched out and kill his high. Then just tell him I'm kidding.

It's legal. Can't get on him. He's not doing anything wrong according to the law. I'll give my 2 cents on it, about not doing it, hopefully he listens...
While I don't necessarily disagree with your stance or plan of action, it is only legal for adults in your state, not adolescent teenagers. Furthermore, it is still a federal offense, at this time, and that can haunt him years down the road. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with federal law, nor do I find marijuana possession or use should lead to arrest or jail, but it is what it is and they need to understand that there are consequences when breaking the law, that are out of parental control and set forth by government.

People are still receiving harsh sentences across the country over marijuana.

May 6, 2002
While I don't necessarily disagree with your stance or plan of action, it is only legal for adults in your state, not adolescent teenagers.
I was thinking he was "of age" at the time.
Meaning 18.

If he was below the age, I would tell him not to and if he is going to do it I would buy it for him and he can do it in the house.

He is going to do it anyways. I rather do that than him go buy it illegally outside.

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Have the "reasoning" conversation first and then have the hard-edge consequence conversation. For example, I usually share that I never smoked anything because I always thought I was going to be a professional baseball player and I did not want to put anything in my body that going to give the guy next to me even the slightest advantage over me physically.

Also, I was too scared of the consequences my parents would inflict on me because they always followed through. They weren't trying to be my friend. They said if they caught me:

1. They will not give me a single dollar the rest of the time I am in their house because I might use it to buy more;

2. They will randomly drug test me;

3. I will be checked into rehab;

4. Sports are done;

5. Socializing with friends is done.

And if I decided to do it in college and pull the "I'm 18, I can do whatever I want" line, they would agree with me and immediately proceed to stop paying for my education because if I can make the adult decision to smoke weed, I can also make the adult decision to pay for my own education.

DuceTheTruth

No Flexxin No Fakin
Apr 1, 2003
Have the "reasoning" conversation first and then have the hard-edge consequence conversation. For example, I usually share that I never smoked anything because I always thought I was going to be a professional baseball player and I did not want to put anything in my body that going to give the guy next to me even the slightest advantage over me physically.

Also, I was too scared of the consequences my parents would inflict on me because they always followed through. They weren't trying to be my friend. They said if they caught me:

1. They will not give me a single dollar the rest of the time I am in their house because I might use it to buy more;

2. They will randomly drug test me;

3. I will be checked into rehab;

4. Sports are done;

5. Socializing with friends is done.

And if I decided to do it in college and pull the "I'm 18, I can do whatever I want" line, they would agree with me and immediately proceed to stop paying for my education because if I can make the adult decision to smoke weed, I can also make the adult decision to pay for my own education.
I heard that...yo parents was NOT fuckin around. So would you say those were/are good "scare tactics"? How old are you now? From that you can definitely tell your parents care about you and future....do you know if they ever smoked or did anything harsh?....just askin....ive seen paraphernalia and smelled shit from back in the day and nobody told me shit.