do u think hiphop radio support local hiphop music?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 10, 2009
No honestly here were Im at only a few artist get radio play, & from what iv'e heard our dj who plays local artist is racist, or wont play white dudes I dont know if he is but alot of white folks got some dope tracks & he never plays em just black dudes.. One of my partnas talked to him about gettin play & all the clubs play his shit but the dj wont fuck em lol

May 2, 2002
Underground Heat does (Kansas City; 103.3 FM). I know that much.
The Wire (KC; 90.1 FM) does too. Those are really the only two stations in KC that I know of that support local hip hop.

Nov 8, 2009
not here in chcago.. i havent listened to radio in a long time though.. mainly because they wernt on shit.. not like the good ole days...

RIP Pink House.. 106 Jamz baby

Nov 19, 2008
www.demencha.com
mac lethal has his own hip hop radio show on 96.5 the buzz in kc on sunday nights from like 9-10 p.m. or something like that. he's been doing it for about two years now.

the other night he played some ron ron, kutty slitz, stik figa, dutch newman, etc.

he's trying really hard to get more local shit on his show. he's allowed the freedom to play just about whatever he wants. problem is, a lot of hip hop/rap folks don't listen to 96.5 the buzz

two cents

May 2, 2002
mac lethal has his own hip hop radio show on 96.5 the buzz in kc on sunday nights from like 9-10 p.m. or something like that. he's been doing it for about two years now.
I thought that has him I heard. Caught the last bit of one of his shows probably about a week ago. It was nearing the end of one of his shows. He was goin' on a rant about the hip hop scene in KC. Basically sayin' how we don't support each other or whatnot. He did encourage artists to submit their music though.

96.5 is more "pop" radio though. It'd be cool if they had some (local) rap in regular rotation. Until then, I'm stickin' with The Wire and Underground Heat.