Do Reviews in Magazines help you make a choice?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

NBD

Artist
Apr 25, 2002
When a album is reviewed in a magazine, does that help you make the choice of buying the CD, or would you rather be your own judge of the product??? I just wanna see how much CD reviews help out sales.. Please leave feedback and opinions...

MR. CLEEN

CEO/Producer of E&K Music Group
Apr 25, 2002
THEY DO HELP

I DONE BOUGHT PLENTY OFALBUMS OFF A REVIEW. SOME SUCKED AND SOME I WAS GLAD I BOUGHT. JUST THE LUCK OF THE DRAW.

Apr 25, 2002
MAGAZINES OPINION HARDLY HELPS ME. THE PERSON WRITING THE REVIEW COULD HAVE A DIFFERENT STYLE THAT HES FEELING THATZ DIFFERENT THAN MINE.....OR WE COULD FEEL THE SAME TYPE SHIT...EITHER WAY ID RATHER HEAR IT FOR MYSELF! MY 14 CENTZ

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
HELL NAW..............
No reviews help me buy any albums.

THE ONLY FACTOR IN MY DECISION TO BUY AN ALBUM IS HEARING IT FIRST........POINT BLANK.

I DONT BUY SHIT UNLESS I HEAR IT FIRST.

thats what most artist these days STILL dont get......homies have to hear yo shit first.
There are only a handful of Artist that can sell albums based solely on NAME.

D-LOCC

Doxx

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
strivin.com
You GOTTA go for reviews if you're an independent artist. You're tryin' to build a foundation and name recognition so you have to cover every angle when it comes to promotion. You can't just pass out flyers and expect your album to move. What's better: 1) Some kid pickin' up a N.B.D. flyer at the local record store, but knowin' nothing about the group OR 2) That same kid pickin' up a flyer at the local record store where he also buys Murder Dog or Str8 Lace or whatever and in the issue he buys is a positive review of "Collector's Item". Name recognition is key in this shit. Is anyone of the Siccness on a major record company press list? If so you'd see that they'll damn near send a press release out if one of their artists has a bowel movement. They send these releases out in hopes that the press will include the piece in their next issue for one reason only: to keep drillin' the artist name into the heads of consumers. Name recognition is key and goin' for reviews is one of many ways to get it.

All angles have to come into play with album promotion: snippets, flyers, ads, reviews, interviews.

I know N.B.D. is makin' moves to do all that shit. Can't wait to hear the finished product.

Gone,
Doxx

Jun 5, 2002
Yea reviews help me out a lot, sometime like a daz album ima buy no matter what, but if its some1 like e40 ima hafta wait for the review be4 i buy it, If a cd gets a really good review i buy it even if i never heard of the artist be4, this is how i found out about tommy wright the 3rd , natas , and some others

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
They're ass kissers.They like everything they review in Murderdog,yet each individual who reviews has different standards.One guys 4nutts****,could be the same as the next guys 3nutts***.So to me,it's one humans opinion...worthless.