Do Black People Like Coldplay?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
bayGIANTS said:
do you know how I know you're gay?you listen to coldplay
If you would kindly tell me what race you are, then I'm on the way to an answer.

** Edit: My bad, didn't know it was a movie reference, whatever movie it is I haven't seen.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Just wondering why you are asking this question? Part of another study or something?

I can't stand Coldplay but I'm white so I guess I don't count.

bayGIANTS said:
do you know how I know you're gay?

you listen to coldplay
That is one of the truest statements ever.

Funny ass movie too.

Oct 6, 2005
I think ol' boy from Coldplay (the lead singer) produced a song on Jay-Z's Kingdom Come album... don't know if that answers the question though...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Jesse fuckin' Rice said:
I like the one song Coldplay put out that had success. Otherwise, their albums are depressing and have no character.
I thought "trouble" was a radiohead song when I first heard it....it sounded like it could've been on the ok computer album or something.....I liked that song, hated yellow, downloaded the first album and deleted it.

Apr 25, 2002
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
this whole thread is a stereotype.
You're goddamn right it is.

I'm trying to figure out if it's a true stereotype (Coldplay is for white people) or a bullshit one (Coldplay's fanbase in America is not disproportionately white at all).

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
I'll listen 2 Coldplay if it's on; Without fear of sum1 sayin, "oh, you can't listen to **bla-bla-bla** because you're black." That makes me feel like I'm being discriminated against. -I can't do something because I'm black- It makes me wanna prove otherwise. But, with me, I'm real open to different types of music (except country music. I can't stand that shit) and I don't care if it's "White" or "Black" or w/e. That's all a bullshit stereotype. Music is music. It's meant for everybody. Music speaks to everyone, some just interpret the language of music differently. I'm not tryna be hella intellectual or insightful or anything, but that's how I percieve it. BTW: I'm black, duz that help?

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
Sumtimes, however, I do wonder Y the hell I'm listening to Coldplay when I do listen to it. They're not that good when I think about it. The only reason I can listen to their songs and not hate it is because it grew on me after hearing it a million times a day. It's just like a guilty pleasure or sumtin.