dj records. lethal weapon, heavy hitters, top secret...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 24, 2005
www.myspace.com
i used to use these years ago. would rather just download them and use serato. anybody know if these are available to download online? haven't dj'd a party in years so my music selection is pretty old. any other suggestions? it's a one time thing so i don't want to have to buy anything. lol

ps

i know it's pretty weak using them but it was better than spending the money on 12" doubles when i was only going to use for them for parties.

Oct 18, 2009
lol thats funny. Im in the same boat. Ive decided to get back into it and I aint got shit. I dont even have serato or a laptop. Im planning to cop them soon but I remember fucking around with those NS7s with serato itch at guitar center and the loop feature is pretty useful if the beginning of a track doesnt have that 8 bar intro. Im pretty sure you can do that on the regular serato.

Yea them lethal weapons, wicked mix, top secrets were very useful but was also considered "cheating". I liked wicked mix because they had those extra samples and skratches after you transition your songs and the breakdown instrumental after 1 or 2 verses for quick mixing.

They should offer download options. I think they would make more money that way since everythings digital nowadays but Ive been searching for them and ive seen threads of other djs saying that they have no plans on doing it. sucks. I guess you best bet is to cop the vinyl, transfer the record via usb turntable to your laptop if ya want to conserve your vinyl.

Apr 25, 2002
I am actually a newbie to DJing but I did pick up the NS7 on the reccomendation of several friends and folks who let me test it out and its amazing what you are getting fro $1100. I would like a setup with Technics and a Rane with Serato but thats over $2000 easy.

Ray, I've listened to a mix you posted on here a while back and you use vinyl right? Your shit sounded pretty tight.

Once I get a little more tech Savy I can try to post a track or two using the loop feature on the NS7 it is pretty useful if you have a clean 8 or 16 you can loop it just like an instrumental.

Oct 18, 2009
Thanks homie! Yea that loop feature is dope. Very useful if you wanna throw in some cuts before the lyrics kick it. I'm planning to sell my current set up to cop that NS7. Couple of questions MaddDogg...How is the mixer on that thing compared to other high end mixers? I never really got a chance to mess with it that much at GC. I heard that they are coming out with individual NS7 decks so you can use any mixer of your choice but those are going for $700 each.