Dj Quik calls it quits!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
Legendary westcoast beatmaster and MC, DJ Quik, has recently announced his retirment. Here's the lowdown courtesy of alex_g of the DPGRecordz forum.

"Yo i was just at the one of the phaatest concerts i have ever been too. it was the dj quik concert at the HOB in HOLLYWOOD (MY BAD)...everything was there, bitches, budd, beats, and even some crissy in my cup courtesy the quiksta himself. neways at the end of the show quik dropped a bomb on the crowd, he announces his retirement, he has one more album droppin in november then thats it. hes tired of people not playing his shit and him being underated, so i guess hes doing backstage shit now ie; produciton etc etc. his last album will be a greatest hits lp droppin in november...i would type more about the concert but i just stopped by the crib real quick, now im headed to a party to get more fucked up...lets c what yall think about this...personally i think its fucked up. dj quik is a westcoast legend. DPG RECORDZ N IM OUT THIS BITCH..."

man this is sad, one the best westcoast producer and one of my favorite artist/producer is quittin, well i understand and respect his choice muthafucka has dropped straight classics and still maybe the most underrated producer. hope that album is slammin, peace y'al.. WESTCOASSST!

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
once again another sold out show and peepz showing so much love for the quikster.. even a better show this time having SUGAR FREE performing "bullshit", AMG performing "bitch betta have my money" and HI-C performing "im not your puppet".. the performance was about a 1hr/15min, with hits like:
TONITE
BORN AND RAISED IN COMPTON
LETS GET DOWN
DO I LOVE HER
PITCH ON A PARTY
HAND IN HAND
DOLLAZ N SENSE
DOWN DOWN DOWN
SWEET BLACK PUSSY
+ MORE HITS

during the show QUIK did a MAUSBERG tribute playing the hit "SHUT UP"..

@ SICC- great show partna, and the funniest part of the show is when the QUIKSTER fuck up on the song DO I LOVE HER (wrong lyrics).. FUCK IT PLAYED THAT SHIT AGAIN..

Its true what my partna SICC said about the retirement of QUIK at the end of the show.. I dont blame him, no one air-plays his shit and he does not get his props that he deserves..

his DVD is almost completed so get it when it comes out in stores..

May 10, 2002
caffeine- I was at that Quik show dog...decided last minute to go and found some people willing to sell their tickets.. you might have seen me cruising around in line...

the show was cool though...it seemed like (from his past dvd's) that he was more hyped at the other shows and this time was just chillin and finishing up his dvd... Grant Theft

Kyle

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
his last album didn't sell because you couldn't find the fuckin thing anywhere. i haven't seen it in the stores

even if he stops putting out solo albums, he should still make beats for people when he feels like it cause he's one of the best producers in rap

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Shit, go to the Wherehouses near me. They got millions of them still sitting on the shelves.

Actually, I thought he could have put a better song on the radio than the one he did. But he had to put a song on the radio that fit with all the others, the song talking about money.