DJ Pimp re: AP9

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 9, 2005
Just wondering whether you've been talking to any Australian music stores or anyone else in the Australian industry? I'm asking because there's one music store in the whole of Adelaide which occasionally sells decent music (they have some Mac Dre, E-40 and Yukmouth usually) and last week I went to see whether they had any new music in (doubtful but worth a shot)...

Not only did they have AP9's Bodyshots and On Tha Block albums (both of which I purchased), but they had several copies of an AP9 poster up all over the walls. I don't think they would have decided to stock his albums and advertise them on their own free will and hence was wondering whether you or anyone you know had something to do with it.

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
Hutch said:
Just wondering whether you've been talking to any Australian music stores or anyone else in the Australian industry? I'm asking because there's one music store in the whole of Adelaide which occasionally sells decent music (they have some Mac Dre, E-40 and Yukmouth usually) and last week I went to see whether they had any new music in (doubtful but worth a shot)...

Not only did they have AP9's Bodyshots and On Tha Block albums (both of which I purchased), but they had several copies of an AP9 poster up all over the walls. I don't think they would have decided to stock his albums and advertise them on their own free will and hence was wondering whether you or anyone you know had something to do with it.
actually, we have a distributor in adelaide that has put out a few titles from ap9 including on tha block and body shotz. they are supposed to have foil on their cd covers to distinguish them from the ones we press up in the USA. please let me know about the quality of the cd's. also let me know if they have any other bay area cd's they are promoting and selling as well and i would love to know how many units they are moving... thanks so much, dj pimp

Mar 9, 2005
No worries - both Bodyshots and On Tha Block were very good quality - they were just wrapped in standard plastic (as per usual), I'm not sure what the American versions look like but on the front cover and the disc of On Tha Block the chain is a reflective silver (is that what you mean by foil?). It only cost me AU $22 too (usually they set me back about $30-$35, so it was a bargain). I'll go back there soon and write a list of all the bay area albums I can find and see if they'll give me info re: album sales.

Mar 9, 2005
Hey Pimp, sorry about the delay - I had to go away for a couple of days and didn't get a chance to post up before I left.

Anyway, I checked out what bay albums they were selling. It's not an exhaustive list, but most of them are listed here;

AP.9 - Bodyshots and
AP.9 - On tha Block
Too Short - Blow The Whistle
Thizz Nation volume 7
C-Bo - Money to Burn
C-Bo & Killa Tay - Moment of Truth
C-Bo & Brotha Lynch - Blocc Movement
Mitchy Slick - Urban Survival Syndrome
Mitchy Slick - Handgunner XXL mixtape
Heaps of Mac Dre albums (R.I.P)
Gonzoe - Sex, Drugz and Hip-Hop
JT tha Bigga Figga - Neighbourhood Superstar
Dopegame 1
CMW feat. MC Eiht
Yukmouth - UGA 1 & 2

Oh yeah, on Bodyshots, the letters "AP.9" were written in gold as were the words "Limited Edition", again though, I'm not sure whether the gold print is universal or is confined to international copies.

Affiliated records put the posters out, the bloke behind the counter couldn't give me an exact figure on how many AP.9 albums they were moving but he said they'd sold a few (not bad considering that not one person I know in the whole of Adelaide, with the exception of my brother, listens to bay rap!).

Dec 3, 2004
www.ap9online.com
dude, thanks so much for lookin out, i told ap9 and he wanted to thank you for watchin his back. we fuck with affiliated records and have run several projects thru them including mac dre uncut. each cd they sell has their lil catalog inside of it with what cd's thay will be offering. they are supposed to be selling b-legit as well. they also have a few of my mixtapes. thanks again

Mar 9, 2005
No worries - I'll have a closer look for B-legit next time I'm in store - didn't have enough time to pick out all the bay albums. If you need to know anything else about what's happening down here, I'm happy to be your eyes and ears.

Mar 9, 2005
Gas One said:
I know, I know - for simplicity I lumped them all together because they're all 'bay' compared to the hip hop they sell over here. Usually we only have artists like 50 cent, Jay Z, Bustah Rhymes, Boot Camp, Eminem and Jurassic 5, so anything that doesn't fit into that category and is bay related I roughly consider 'bay beats'. If I lived in the bay, then the distinction would be important ;-)