DJ E-Rock and Clinton Sparks Team Up For "Welcome To The US of Bay"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2005
After bringing the biggest Bay Area mixtape in history to light alongside DJ Whoo Kid in "Bay Bidness", DJ E-Rock is taking no breaks in pushing the movment.

Next up from the bay area's hardest working DJ will be "Welcome To The U.S. Of Bay," a collaborative effort with Clinton Sparks.

The upcoming project is set to be hosted by the ambassador and the man who kicked the mainstream door open for the bay, E-40.

"We always spoke about doing something together since back in the day when I worked at a vinyl distribution company, but we just could figure out what we wanted to do exactly," said E-Rock of putting this project together with Sparks.

"With the hyphy movement being such a rapidly growing thing, we just had to get our minds together and do something to put this region in front of more people that can be educated about what the bay area sound was all about. Just like what I had done with Whoo Kid, I knew that Clinton had an audience that was accepting the hyphy sound."

Clinton has been been a proven supporter of the Bay Area's music scene, putting hyphy music on the forefront and letting the East Coast know that this was truly the next force to be reckoned with in hip hop.

With an already stellar line up in the wings for "U.S. Of Bay," it looks to be just as, if not a bigger success then the last E-Rock project.

Artists such as Mistah FAB, The Mossie, Droop-E, B-Slimm, Balance, Yukmouth, Laroo, Stress, Goldie, Turf Talk, Doey Rock, Big Rich, Boo Banga, Ya Boy, and San Quinn are already set to contribute to "US of Bay."

DJ E-Rock assures that this project will have a strong push and flood the streets on opposite coasts. "Marketing wise, we will have the full push from Mixunit.com, Westcoast Rydaz, Smashtime Radio, Shade 45, Sirius, and Bomb Bay Radio.... You're not going to see a mixtape marketed better than most albums these days other than 'Welcome To The U.S. Of Bay'. Oh did I mention that we have a E 40 record for the tape? Maybe I'll give you a snippet on the next Bomb Bay Radio...things look quite great for the bay!"

Well have more information on "Welcome To The U.S. Of Bay," but be sure to tune into Bomb Bay Radio every Tuesday night at 9PM PST on Hip Hop Nation 40, or right here on the Podcast every week!