DJ Drama's Aphilliates Music Group Raided, 50,000 CD's Confiscated

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 20, 2003
The downtown Atlanta, GA offices of the Aphilliates Music Group were raided this afternoon (January 16), resulting in the arrests of 28-year-old Tyree "DJ Drama" Simmons and 27-year-old Donald Cannon, also known as DJ Don Cannon. The Fulton County Swat Team, with assistance from Clayton County Police, entered the label's offices and studios at 147 Walker Street in the early evening hours. Officials allegedly seized close to 50,000 CDs and took the 17 employees into custody for questioning. According to authorities, the search executed sought only DJ Drama and Don Cannon, who were charged with making and selling illegal CDs. "These guys are actively advertising online. They've got a website that they're advertising from, that's where you place your orders and that's how the orders are shipped out," Matthew Kilgo of the RIAA told local reporters. "Statistics also show that you can make up to a 90% profit just off the resale of counterfeit CDs. So there's huge money to be made in it, and there's no stigma attached to purchasing it." In addition to the CDs, which were taken as evidence and will later be destroyed, police also seized computers, recording equipment and cars on the premises.

Mar 18, 2006
ThaG said:
BTW this is some very good publicity for him...
U really think so?? I think this sounds pretty scandalous.......I guess when u do think about it, it should be good publicity....because it seems like this dude is being railroaded...Either way, guess we'll have 2 see when the facts come out...DRAMA has a target....WHOA now...sounds like its part of the game though

Jan 4, 2007
shit i kno the artist arent complaining...u made it if you on a dj drama mixtape...basically he is being singled out and they are tryin to make an example out of him...tryin to keep a black man down as usual

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
lilboiblue said:
U really think so?? I think this sounds pretty scandalous.......I guess when u do think about it, it should be good publicity....because it seems like this dude is being railroaded...Either way, guess we'll have 2 see when the facts come out...DRAMA has a target....WHOA now...sounds like its part of the game though
just wait a few days for the "Free DJ Drama" campaign to start...