Divisions of the Psyche

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 2, 2006
Damn, I remember learning that shit in school. I hated it. Especially having to write an essay comparing that theory with a character from the novel One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. But, you are correct.

Jan 28, 2005
I just dont see how Id, Ego, and Super-Ego correlate with "the king, the clown, the g."

I did reasonably well in my Psych course which had a curriculum from Chigaco University.

The real Psychological concept you're looking for in regards to Tech's assesmet of himself as "The King, The Clown, The G," is simply the "Self".

Nothing more. The definition for Self goes something like "The concious reflection of one's own personality." I dont have my notes or work with me, but from what I recall that seems about accurate. Definitions like these vary with texbook authors anyway.

anybody disagree?

Jan 2, 2006
Id - The Clown. Partys, does what it wants and could care less about the concern of others. "He is the extreme party animal. In this realm of the clown anything goes whether it be the abundent use of drugs and liquor or the carnal use of many women." (Everready booklet)

Ego - The G. Undergoes obstacles to reach a goal or to obtain something it wants to achieve. "He has survived many deadly courses in life...making the G. very aware of pain and strife." (Everready booklet)

Superego - The King. Main person. Gives orders to those under it. Can also do things for the good of others, more than himself. "He feels highly elevated in rank and towers above anything petty...he also thinks that the world would be a better place if civilians would think, feel and rule like the king." (Everready booklet)

The whole Self idea is more doing things upon yourself. Finding things out by experiencing something for yourself, rather than go by what someone else might say about the experience they had with it. That kind of thing just leads to being on your own, independant, the whole transcendentalism idea. I can see where you are coming from and it kind of does relate to Tech's 3 dimensions but the Id/Ego/Superego seems to fit more properly.

Jan 28, 2005
Disastxr said:
Id - The Clown. Partys, does what it wants and could care less about the concern of others. "He is the extreme party animal. In this realm of the clown anything goes whether it be the abundent use of drugs and liquor or the carnal use of many women." (Everready booklet)

Ego - The G. Undergoes obstacles to reach a goal or to obtain something it wants to achieve. "He has survived many deadly courses in life...making the G. very aware of pain and strife." (Everready booklet)

Superego - The King. Main person. Gives orders to those under it. Can also do things for the good of others, more than himself. "He feels highly elevated in rank and towers above anything petty...he also thinks that the world would be a better place if civilians would think, feel and rule like the king." (Everready booklet)

The whole Self idea is more doing things upon yourself. Finding things out by experiencing something for yourself, rather than go by what someone else might say about the experience they had with it. That kind of thing just leads to being on your own, independant, the whole transcendentalism idea. I can see where you are coming from and it kind of does relate to Tech's 3 dimensions.
I've taken the following definitions from dictionary.reference.com.

Id: the part of the psyche, residing in the unconscious, that is the source of instinctive impulses that seek satisfaction in accordance with the pleasure principle and are modified by the ego and the superego before they are given overt expression.

Ego: In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.

Super-Ego: In Freudian theory, the division of the unconscious that is formed through the internalization of moral standards of parents and society, and that censors and restrains the ego.

Carefully read and think about the previous definitons... and ask yourself... which belongs to which? You can interchangably associate "The King, The Clown, The G" with any of the previous definitions. That makes, what, 9 combinations? 3X3. You understand what I mean? I think there is not enough depth or substance behind king, clown, and G to connect the titles to any particular theory. I'm going to stand by my original position that "The King, The Clown, The G" is just Tech's concious reflection of what makes up his personality.

This is where everybody can interpret all this information on their own and take their own stances. It's easy to form an answer to your questions and support it with vague information. And, personally, I think ya'll are trying to get too complex on Tech's reference to himself living in those three particular roles.

How about "The Father, The Rapper, and The Addict"?

those are all role's that Tech N9ne occupy. Where do they fit?

Jan 28, 2005
Disastxr said:
The whole Self idea is more doing things upon yourself. Finding things out by experiencing something for yourself, rather than go by what someone else might say about the experience they had with it. That kind of thing just leads to being on your own, independant, the whole transcendentalism idea.

and as far as all that goes, you're completely wrong. What you describe (doing things upon yourself*, finding things out by experiencing it for yourself rather than taking people's word*) all deals with the agents of socialization (i.e. your peers, educational institutions, parents) and nature vs. nurture rather than Psychology at all. The ideas you've stated* are studied in Sociology, not Psychology.

Jan 2, 2006
Don't get me wrong, I do believe you make a strong point and I understand what you're saying. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, especially on this board. I stand by mine, but yours makes just as much sense as mine does to me. I'm sure you know more about this shit than I do, I was only taught this stuff some years ago in a basic Enlgish class.

Jan 28, 2005
Disastxr said:
yours makes just as much sense as mine does to me.

... if that's really true, then you're being contradictory. There's no room for Paradox in the field of Psychology, it just doesn't work.

I say this guys original theory of king, clown, and G being directly related to Freuds theory on the 3 divisions of the human psyche to be wrong.

Therefore, I give my own theory on what psychological concept is most suitable in regards to Tech refering to himself as king, clown, and G.

My theory and his do not correlate whatsoever. So you either believe the original or you believe the alternate. I can send out an e-mail to somebody with a P.H.D and ask his opinion if you're all that interested in the subject. I'll post it verbatim.

Jan 2, 2006
Just saying since what I stated was what I remembered about the subject, it'll obviously seem true and right to me. But I also understand what you're saying and it also makes sense.

Jan 28, 2005
In any case... Thank's for the debate. It's good to see a thread that's actually relevent to Strange/Tech and can spark intellectual stimulization. Where's the guy who originally posted this shit at anyway?

Sep 22, 2006
KillaClown said:
In any case... Thank's for the debate. It's good to see a thread that's actually relevent to Strange/Tech and can spark intellectual stimulization. Where's the guy who originally posted this shit at anyway?
I was checking my mail and getting ready for bed after I took my girl home. Both of you have really good points and I'm glad you liked the thread.

Apr 24, 2003
Kansas City, MO
I was waiting for somebody to touch on this. To me the correlations were obvious. In fact, I wrote a sample video treatment for My World that breifly touches on and explores this. Tech has it, so we'll see what happens.