DILLAGENCE (Busta + J Dilla)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 15, 2005
Seems like a mixtape in name only, because Mick Boogie is a part of it BUT it feels like a real album.

If you like Dilla's beats, if you feel Busta sometimes (even on a minor level) - THEN THIS IS A MUST HAVE.

The bio on it is that whoever oversees Dilla's work allowed Busta to use whatever beats he wanted, got some cool guest features, and Busta gives insight between some of the songs on what it was like to work with Dilla.

Shits done real respectful, not corny whatsoever.

Tracklist:

1. Words from Ma Dukes
2. Dillagence (produced by DJ Spinna)
3. Takin’ What’s Mine
4. Step Up
5. The Conversation feat. Talib Kweli
6. Code of the Streets feat. MOP
7. Lightworking feat. Q-Tip & Talib Kweli
8. Baggage Handlers feat. Raekwon
9. How We Roll
10. Best That Ever Did It feat. Rah Digga
11. Psycho feat. Cassidy & Papoose
12. Another Day At The Range feat. Rah Digga
13. Not Right Now
14. Other Side of the Road
15. Who Tryin to Kill You
16. High
17. Dillagence Outro

Here are more words from Mick Boogie's blog if you're interested:

http://mickboogie.blogspot.com/2007/11/more-info-on-dillagence.html

EDIT: Sorry, looks like I might be kinda late, Mick posted his thoughts on it in late November, so I'm not sure how long it's been out.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I Havent downloaded this mainly because I cant stand Busta. Maybe ill DL it to check out Dillas production though...

Ant-1

Sicc OG
Mar 2, 2004
Yea he put it for dl end of november...
Thats a tight mixtape, Im feelin most of the tracks on it, especially Baggage Handlers with Raekwon, one of my fav tracks of 2K7. The only one I really dont stand is Psycho with Papoose and Cassidy.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
this shit is dope as fuck, thanks enserio for telling me and thanks ant-1

ive heard a good chunk of these songs but i didnt have them all in one spot

so its good that this was made

yo enserio imma put you on to something on the low but ill talk to you about it off the comp.

Jun 15, 2005
Yea he put it for dl end of november...
Thats a tight mixtape, Im feelin most of the tracks on it, especially Baggage Handlers with Raekwon, one of my fav tracks of 2K7. The only one I really dont stand is Psycho with Papoose and Cassidy.
^Exactly. That "Baggage Handlers" is the shit - that shit with Cassidy and Papoose is kinda bootsy. Rae had that Incarcerated Scarfaces flow on that shit.

I'm feeling about 8 tracks on there, and most people will agree that's pretty good for an album/mixtape.

@Ry - I understand how Busta can get annoying, and there are a few spots on this mixtape where he does. Hearing him flow over those Dilla beats hit the spot most of the time, though.

For me, shit like this has a "new" sort feeling, because I was never keen to Dilla. Never knew that a lot of the hits I was bobbing to were made by him, so when Stones Throw made that tribute mix when he had just passed, I was like "What? He made that too?"

Anyways, I got Slum Village, Another Batch, Donuts, and this sitting in the iPod. Dude was a fucking phenom - he could produce such a wide range of sounds that I can't really put him on one style. One of my favorite producers, Pete Rock, has a VERY distintice sound that can be spotted a mile away - and that shit knocks.

Dilla had soooo many different sounds, and they all knock, too.

Toro

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2006
www.myspace.com
Huge fan of Dilla, but not the biggest fan of Busta. Might check it.

Also was this for free download? Cuz there's few artists I actually wanna buy their work and Dilla is one of them.