digidesign protools 7.4 & new c|24 control surface

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

VdZ

Sicc OG
Aug 18, 2003
www.tapevault.com

Pro Tools 7.4 Software

Get ready for a revolutionary new way to work with Pro Tools®. Digidesign® Pro Tools 7.4 software, featuring the time-manipulating power of Elastic Time, will have you approaching your projects in creative new ways, making working with tempo- and time-based sessions a whole lot easier and imaginative. Plus, increased support for Avid® video and shared storage solutions streamline the workflow between audio and video editors.

Stretch Your Sound with Elastic Time
Whether you’re a musician, composer, music producer, ADR engineer, or sound editor, Elastic Time makes it easy to change tempo or time on the fly. Change the tempo and timing of loops, music, dialog, and other sound files without cutting up audio. Easily create loops from any audio file — even entire compositions — with the help of powerful tempo and transient analysis. And when you import audio files and loops, they automatically conform to match your session’s tempo. You can even use REX and Acid loops right in Pro Tools.

To ensure that you get the best results, Elastic Time lets you choose from several high-quality time-stretching algorithms, which deliver the best-sounding processing in the industry, on a per-track basis. Want to hear how a certain audio bit will sound in your song? The new Context Preview lets you easily audition loops and audio files in sync with the tempo of your session. You can also now quantize audio to the session grid or extracted grooves. What’s more, you can fine-tune regions with precision control over each individual beat using the new Warp track view and Warp markers.

Powerful Workflows with the Avid Video World
Pro Tools 7.4 software opens up new avenues for working with video editors, bringing Pro Tools|HD® and Pro Tools LE® users into the Avid® workflow to streamline post-production processes. For Pro Tools|HD users, Pro Tools HD 7.4 software and the new Media Station|PT™ with Video Satellite Option enable you to play back unrendered Avid sequences in sync with Pro Tools while maintaining full audio processing power. Pro Tools HD 7.4 software also provides tri-level sync compatibility with SYNC HD™, enabling Pro Tools to resolve to most HD and Slow-PAL reference signals.

Pro Tools 7.4 also lets Pro Tools LE users benefit from the great picture quality, easy navigation, and efficiency of Avid video in the Pro Tools timeline with new support for Avid Mojo SDI with most members of the 003™ and Mbox® 2 product families. Pro Tools users who have Intel-based Macs can now work directly with Avid Mojo® and Avid Mojo® SDI. And Windows XP-based Pro Tools 7.4 software users can play and record media directly from Avid Unity ISIS™ shared storage networks.

More Great Features
If you’re thinking of upgrading to Windows Vista Ultimate or Business, Pro Tools LE and Pro Tools M-Powered™ 7.4 software provide support for both Microsoft platforms (32-bit only). ReWire support has been improved; Pro Tools 7.4 software now accepts MIDI input (both controller and note data) directly from ReWire applications (such as Reason) for recording to a Pro Tools MIDI or Instrument track. Pro Tools 7.4 also brushes up on its language skills with support for language characters in Unicode. That means you can work in any language supported by Unicode (such as Japanese, French, Greek, Russian, and Hebrew) anywhere in the Pro Tools application for labeling and editing text.

Pro Tools 7.4 software will be available soon for all Pro Tools platforms: Pro Tools|HD®, Pro Tools LE®, and Pro Tools M-Powered™.

C|24
Sleek and stylish, the new 24-channel Digidesign® C|24™ control surface gives you full hands-on control of Pro Tools® recording and mixing, a complete array of high-quality analog inputs, and a 5.1 analog monitor section to use with your Pro Tools I/O. C|24 incorporates the latest advancements in Pro Tools software, making it an incredibly powerful — and affordable — control surface option for Pro Tools users.

Total Hands-On Control
C|24 provides direct hands-on access to recording, editing, routing, and mixing functions in Pro Tools software. The control surface features 24 bankable channel strips, each with a touch-sensitive, motorized fader; motion-sensitive rotary encoder and LED ring; dedicated Mute, Solo, and channel select illuminated switches; and dedicated Input, Record, EQ, Dynamics, Insert, Send, and Automation switches. Forget the time-consuming tedium of recording and mixing with a mouse; with C|24, you can ride volume across multiple faders, mute multiple tracks all at once, insert and control plug-ins right from the control surface, and automate your mix maneuvers without pointing and clicking. The bright, easy-to-read, dual-row LED scribble strips provide instant visual feedback for channel names, plug-in parameters, sends, panning, and other editing functions.

High-Quality Analog Inputs and Monitoring
C|24 isn’t just about controlling tracks; it offers high-quality analog inputs and outputs too. Connect mics, instruments, and line-level devices directly to the 16 high-quality, low-noise mic/line/DI preamps, which feature high-pass filters and variable input gain. The control surface also features an 8 x 2 stereo line submixer, which can be routed directly to the professional, integrated 5.1 surround analog monitor section, which offers trimmable inputs and outputs. Plus, the built-in talkback mic and remote talkback and listenback inputs make it easy to set up two-way communication for your recording sessions.

Beautiful, Streamlined Design
Sporting a sleek, industrial design with a stylish, dark graphite color scheme, C|24 fits right in with traditional and modern music and post-production studios. The control surface features an intelligent switch layout with bold graphics, making the layout easy to memorize and navigate, and a comfortable front bolster. And the low-profile meterbridge allows for better placement of your computer monitor and speakers.

C|24 will be available soon from authorized Digidesign dealers worldwide.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
so all lagacy users will be able to get old control 24s for chump change now, Digi is shady though I bet they will make that thing function as a big paperweight on newer versians of protools

Apr 25, 2002
jayda650 said:
so all lagacy users will be able to get old control 24s for chump change now, Digi is shady though I bet they will make that thing function as a big paperweight on newer versians of protools
Control surfaces are basically just a glorified keyboard+mouse made to look like a real recording console. They're a way for people to keep the same workflow who are used to working with real consoles. Or if you're like me, you just prefer using them...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Looks good I'm a big fan of pro tools it just works good for me.
I aint into computers with music, but If I was, there are better options like stepping up to HD...if you aint got Hd then this should be last on your list..shit by some better convertors, pre amps..or a nice channel strip....another option which is cheaper and I think better is the tascam dm3200 or dm4800, this is better in my opinion because most digidesign equipment besides HD benefit from modifications like 002, mbox, and the pre-amps are weak...they just make a pre-amp and throw on the name focusrite for those who dont know they own the rights to do that...