DEFINITION OF GASSIN

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
[video=youtube;UVt3MVN-Fhk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVt3MVN-Fhk[/video]

this is gassin fo sho

May 16, 2002
LOL! SMH @ What some of you in here consider "Gassin'." I dare say I didn't see that word anywhere within these forums until after the NOTORIOUS movie came out, but yeah! Gassin'! Here's another one...

[video=youtube_share;AiwvPmRTv6M]http://youtu.be/AiwvPmRTv6M[/video]

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
IN MY OPINION, KJ FROM DOSIA IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A RAPPER WHO IS ALWAYS "GASSIN"....ALSO THE WHOLE FLOWHEEKAN CREW ADAPTED THE "GASSIN" STYLE AND CAUGHT MY ATTENTION NOT ONLY CUZ OF LYRICS BUT THE STYLE THAT WAS PROJECTED. I USED 2 LIKE 2 RAP FAST BUT IN A PERFORMANCE SITUATION IT IS POSSIBLE 2 "RUN OUT OF GAS". LOL

May 16, 2002
IN MY OPINION, KJ FROM DOSIA IS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF A RAPPER WHO IS ALWAYS "GASSIN"....ALSO THE WHOLE FLOWHEEKAN CREW ADAPTED THE "GASSIN" STYLE AND CAUGHT MY ATTENTION NOT ONLY CUZ OF LYRICS BUT THE STYLE THAT WAS PROJECTED. I USED 2 LIKE 2 RAP FAST BUT IN A PERFORMANCE SITUATION IT IS POSSIBLE 2 "RUN OUT OF GAS". LOL

HAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

May 9, 2009
and for the record gassin AINT NO SAC SHIT...no disrespect to sac i fuck wit sac tough.... but like i said MAC BLAST put that term out there in the streets EVERYBODY who said it got it from him and his ppl

Nov 14, 2002
GASSIN...

[video=youtube;ke1IJicUbE8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke1IJicUbE8[/video]

GASSIN...

[video=youtube;0O2FixzjwWQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O2FixzjwWQ[/video]

GASSIN...

[video=youtube;O-M4tabpNwI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-M4tabpNwI&feature=related[/video]

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
NIGGA JUST WROTE A BOOK I DONT WANNA READ NO BOOKS STFU GAS ALL HIGH ON THE OPIUM AND SHIT TYPING TOO MUCH WARNING:

My background/history with the word "gas".

ima just say it like this. its hard to handcuff a word. but on some graffiti shit, our culture is based on
A) having your own name. so, 1990, Mine became Gas. My reasonings were, The name was short
(easy for me to write quickly), the letters i were most familiar with due to my name, And the definition of
Gas in the dictionary, or any actual textbook explanation of gas, is complex as fuck. At that age I didn't
even get what the definition was telling me, I just felt that shit was so advanced and complex for me to understand,
thats how i felt about my style. Complex, alot of meaning behind it. Gas does alot of shit.
The name took on a meaning of its own. Like when people would go "man gas is high right now" talking about
gas prices, id be like "yeah, i am high right now.." the whole gas prices shit brought the meaning for me
'gas is high' , meaning, intoxicated, but also high priced. so the definition of gas to me, has varied through
the years. but thats because, being that people have called me 'gas' as my nickname almost all my life,
i was able to define the word myself.
when i did the radio show "all gas no brakes" i-rocc came up with that, but it was a play on words. now, the bay has
had its meaning and slang term for 'gas' like gassing and braking, etc. so really that name in itself for me,
was a shout out to the bay. one ive lived there in the past, shit been arrested for writing 'gas' in the bay,
documented cuz they took pictures...shit to me i was, and am the definition of gas.
its funny tho, like....no one from the bay ever tripped off me doing all gas no brakes, i never heard one
bay person say 'oh thats some bay shit' cuz i was playin shit like young gullys definition of gas,
shit at one point, i was playing anything that mentioned 'all gas no brakes' or 'gas' and alot of people
were making songs specifically for the show (shout out young sau) but i also saw jay jonah doin all gas no brakes
in oakland, and in the beginning he was talking about how people bite the bays style etc etc... i couldnt
take offense to that shit cuz the bays my second home, i live in the bay right now...im not born here
but i been here...all over the bay...so i can adapt the bays meaning to gas as well if i want...
but point i was gonna make is another camp out of SD started doing 'all gas no brakes' also ironically...
and i started noticing niggas talk shit about them on siccness and how thats bay shit, etc...never happened to
me...i can only say i think thats dope that they adapted to using the word gas alot...i like hearing my name.

i did find it both ironic and dope that, almost all the sudden, niggas had this obsession with the word 'gas'.
like, it got crazy. niggas had whole theme albums about gas and shit. I remember HD and G-Dirty of Bearfaced
had a song called "Gas One" but you know, once again.... this is all just a coincedince like the others.
i know people that say 'you had to have something to do with that shit' but nah, as much as i like to joke
around like im the reason that word became cool, like i said you cant handcuff a word.
i mean,imagine niggas using your name all the sudden as some cool shit.
especially when it gets the meaning of 'gassing' like coming hard, spitting.
shout out young gully definition of gas was a dope song..that shit was actually the first song i played on one
of the weeks on all gas no brakes...i just had to have that headline the show. i met you briefly at that nump show
but i had drunk way too much syrup (had to sneak the syrup in the club) so i was on autopilot

OH SHIT AND WHILE WE ON THE SUBJECT

SYRUUUUP
First one out CA to really sip like screw and big moe was doin. I know this, I was sipping way before anyone
in both the bay and san diego. before i left san diego and moved to SF. This was when shit like 'goldeneye 007' was out for nintendo 64, I
stole my first bottle from a medicine cabinet of a fam member,cuz i knew what codeine was and i knew it got you high.
knocked back tablespoons until felt warm and shit.
but for all i know, the fam member i took it with was leaning with it before me. that side of the fams from the south,
and syrup has been in the south for a long ass time, in philly too..its just they didnt use soda, they just drank it.
so i had fucked with it already. when i moved to SF, i got up on DJ Screw because I was on some Turntablism shit
(in the bay you had invisible skratch piklz doin they thing) but DJ screw, I ended up liking his shit because one,
he was all about getting high and playing the music, two, he fucked with the syrup heavily. i remember when I bought
3' n the morning by DJ Screw (original) and it said on the back "step 1: get high, however you do sip syrup smoke weed
step 2: put in Screw tape" or some shit, one of yall might remember that back cover. anyways, around 1997
I was living in SF and had medical insurance under my own name, and was well into fine tuning my doctor manipulating.
and you know i was getting the syrup my brehs. i still gets the syrup. new doctor like micheal jackson to cover up the tracks, son.
no one was sipping in the bay. no one was sipping in san diego. i am SURE of it.
Ecstacy at that time was some mysterious raver drug much less some bo. It was at best, "sex packets' in the hip hop world at the time.

WHEN DID EVERYONE ELSE IN CALI (AT EARLIEST) START SIPPIN?
when screw died.Now in a way when he died there was alot of 'dont drink that shit it will kill you' shit going on,
but as far as rumors that circulated at the time, people felt as if someone killed screw.
so in a way that whole situation in which he died wasnt really looked at as bad. you started having rappers doing
songs about still sipping after screw died, pourin up for dj screw, etc etc.
after screw died, swisha house got big. so thats when you had your paul walls, drank in my cup man hold up, all
on the radio. the south RULED the fucking airwaves at the time. so only rightfully, niggas started tryna emulate
a few country things. I AINT GON NAME NO NAMES. but you know what i mean. biggest case scenario of niggas
emulating country shit all the sudden, you had 50 cent droppin songs with this lil southern twang in his voice.
but you can go as far as the cars, the drank, that whole slowed down shit is screw, shit three six mafia won a grammy
right? and theyre best known for the song 'sippin on some sizzurp' you do the math.

so, when niggas started making all these albums about syrup this syrup that all out of nowhere, smack right after the thizz era,
it was like the word 'gas' being cool out of nowhere..i was already on that shit......
i was literally posting step by step tutorials with pictures on 'how to make lean' in the detox before that shit.
so, meh.
i think niggas get influenced by other niggas *cough* and start doin shit they doin
the same niggas i literally taught how to lean i was seeing make rap videos like they had been doin the shit all along..
and rap niggas do what, talk about what they see in real life......so....yeah

but i agree oakland has had gas as a slang word for a hot one, and shit even if they didnt, personally, theres 'gaskill'
in oakland, and im sure gaskill existed before i decided to call myself gas in 1990. so shout out to oakland.

gassing = 'ripping' a track 'murdering' a track, being the nigga that killed the shit so much you dont wanna spit after it because he just closed the whole session up, that would be gassing

but you could gas a nigga on siccness.net too. like you replied to him with some etherous type shit
he cant reply to nigga gassed on you