Def-Jam Fans????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 13, 2008
So, who knew this year is the 25th anniversary of Def-Jam Recordings? Earlier today I was on Amazon and found this awesome gift idea for any Hip-Hop fan. This limited edition set has five discs of amazing Def-Jam songs. I just bought one for myself and am thinking that it would also make a great gift. Check it out and let me know what you think, and if you got yours?
http://bit.ly/DJ25boxset

May 20, 2006

Damn, you might as well say "Fuck Hip-Hop".

You CANNOT have a TRUE love for Hip-Hop culture if you put a thought in your head and let it come out of your mouth and say "Fuck Def Jam".

On behalf of Def Jam i will say to you, "Fuck You and the worthless Bitch that gave birth to you". Now go and listen to some Miley Cyrus or Jonas Bros, and enjoy your life.

May 20, 2006
Nah Real Talk - Fuck Def Jam.

Them faggots don't really fuck with the Westcoast much.

Yeah they've had some good rappers in the past, but now not so much.

I can dig that.

Only West coast artist i can affiliate with Def Jam are Warren G, Jayo Felony, and i think, maybe W.C.

Other than that, they are what they are. The original, independent, Hip-Hop record label. They are in New York, so off top they signed locals. If Def Jam originated in Iowa, it would be Iowa niggas gettin props. Because of Def Jam is why Eazy started Ruthless, Too Short debuted through Dangerous Music, because Def Jam "wasn't fuckin with the west coast artists". West Coast cats saw the success of Def Jam and said, "fuck it, we don't need them, they need us, and carved out the West Coast piece for Hip-Hop culture.

It's not about, "they east coast, we west coast", it's about appreciation for the contribution to the culture. The culture of Hip-Hop.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
iwas disappointed that T LA Rock wasnt honored last night....Its Yours was DefJams 1st single. Also, no Richie Rich and Jayo Felony even in ATTENDANCE. No Nice & Smooth?? No Original Concept....No Davey D?? REALLY??

SHAME ON YOU VH1!

Jul 25, 2007
Pass. I already have all them tracks on each individual album on my ipod. Ill make a playlist and name it Def Jam 25th anniversary. haha