Dead deer inside Chinese restaurant forces closure

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

short

Sicc OG
Feb 2, 2006
Dead deer inside Chinese restaurant forces closure | WTVR.com

Some former customers of Red Flower Chinese Restaurant are angry about what they say happened while they were enjoying a Chinese buffet.

“Many people eat there, a lot of locals eat there on lunch breaks and stuff,” Tonya Thackers, a customer who says she saw the deer, said. “There was actually a blood trail that they were mopping up behind the garbage can.”

Katie Hopkins said she witnessed employees dragging in a trash bin with a dead carcass inside of it. ”But there was like a tail, and a foot and leg. Sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen,” said Hopkins.

That’s when environmental health inspector Paul Lawson was called to check it out.
When Lawson showed up to the restaurant, what he found inside he said is the craziest thing he’s ever seen.

”Upon arrival, I did discover there was a deer carcass inside the facility,” said Lawson.
The discovery lead to the health department shutting down the restaurant. The owner told Lawson that he picked up the deer along Interstate 75.

“They said they didn’t know that they weren’t allowed to.” Lawson said, “so that makes me concerned.”
They didn’t admit to doing it before.

The owners also told Lawson they planned to take the deer home and didn’t plan to serve it to customer.
Thacker, however, said she couldn’t handle the sight. “I don’t think I’ll ever eat Chinese food ever again,” she said.

Mar 21, 2009
i dunno if it's true but when i was a little one i was told that if you hit a deer with a truck, the bladder explodes and releases toxins and makes the meat fucked. probably an old wives tail but fuck eating something when you thought it was something else

Rezin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2008
It varies but in some states you can claim roadkill deer etc..... Really not that big of a deal if it's in the winter, instantly refrigerated.

Like here in kansas you can get a salvage tag and get the deer processed.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I remember back in the late 90's one of my favorite Chinese spots got shut down after a health inspector found a freezer full of dead cats. The owner claimed personal use just like this story. They ended up shutting down like 4 of his restaurants, but they were only shut down for a couple weeks.

and I continued eating there cause the food was booomb, if that was cat they were serving, they damn sure knew how to cook some cat.

Dec 4, 2006
Me and a Mexican paisa homie saw a deer get hit on highway 24.....

he made me turn around, we put it in the truck and he took it back to his house lol..

But one thing I learned that day, if it's fresh....take it home!

He butchered the deer the same day and that was my 1st time eating deer...I must say it was pretty good ...