De La Hoya VS Floyd Mayweather Jr.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WHO'S GOING TO WIN?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nov 27, 2005
MAY 5th IT'S GOING DOWN

the biggest fight ever

who's going to be there?
who do you got?

I have [1] ticket for sale:
Section:203L
Row: C
Seat: 19

Ticket Price: US $750.00

Sale Price: Make me an offer

Dec 9, 2005
Damn, I wanted tickets but I sure as hell ain't going bolo. LOL

I think its going to be a good fight, but De La Hoya is the bigger, stronger fighter. If Oscar can get Floyd into a brawl, and stalk Floyd and bully him around the ring, then he's going to give Floyd problems.

Oscar is excellent at cutting off the ring, and Floyd seems to get into trouble when he's on the ropes, and not in the center of the ring. If Oscar tries to box, he's playing into PBF's strengths...

I think De La Hoya will come away with the decision. I honestly think this is going to look a lot like the first Castillo/Mayweather fight.

Fuck, I wish I got tickets...how did you manage to get the ticket...?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
hoya aint gon win, man.
do yall watch boxing? to this day? not to get jumped by the mexicans in this thread..im just sayin..he got heart but i say 5-7th round is his judgement

de la hoya is like the san diego chargers...you think hes gonna go all the way and he chokes

Dec 9, 2005
^ I think so...the real question in this fight is can Oscar hit Floyd, which I'm sure he can, Floyd can only run so much, and can Floyd hurt Oscar, which I don't think he can do, coming in at an obvious weight and size disadvantage.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i see where youre going with that.

but i dont have much faith in de la hoya anymore...his present stature is based on his past...not so much like mike tyson but the same outlook..i can see hoya gettin rocked now and mexicans flippin out..

nice to see some boxing fans in this bitch

Dec 9, 2005
I don't get where people are getting the idea that Pretty Boy Floyd even has the power to knock Oscar down. Floyd couldn't even knock out Zab Judah, who's got a glass jaw. Floyd's strength, is not his strength, its his speed.

Plus, Oscar's got chin for days.

Nov 7, 2005
^^Exactly, the only thing I can think of is maybe they think he'll get stopped on cuts, but when was the last time you seen Oscar cut up? I'm taking DLH by decision, he's got the height, reach, and strength advantage. He's also no slouch in the speed department. If Corley can hurt Floyd then DLH can definitely hurt him as well, the difference is DLH knows how to finish when he's got you hurt, so if anyone is getting stopped I'd say it would be Floyd.

Apr 7, 2005
www.myspace.com
de la decision

FMJ's hands are as fragile as cockton's psyche.

he's broke them shits in his last few matches.....it's going to happen again on that hard mexican head of de la hoya, watch.

I like floyd better then de la, but I gotta go with the facts on this one.

Nov 27, 2005
MataSkonkas said:
I DONT KNOW ABOUT OVERRATED BUT I JUMPED OFF THE DLH BAND WAGON WHEN HE FAILED TO KNOCK OUT TRINIDAD WHEN THE WHOLE WORLD KNEW HE COULD.......
de la hoya was a straight bitch for that shit

who does that?!

Dec 9, 2005
miguel_510 said:
de la hoya is overrated

Hell nah. No one fighter in our generation has fought tougher opponents...go ahead and check the boxrec stats. Nobody has faced the level of opposition that Oscar has. Thats a fact.