DAMN! Slo-O / Checkmate Muzik doin it real big...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
dope.st
I been on this deejay record pool for about nine years now out here in the UK, each month I get like all the urban tracks the labels and A&R's think should get play in the clubs, in advance of their official release. In nine years the only Bay music that come up is 40, Goapele and recently The Pack. Major label business.

This weekend I got my latest batch of shit and I had to double take to see that Slo-O's cut wit Stlyes P (Breathe) was in there, Checkmate Muzik, Release TBA, 92 BPM. Full deejay breakdown. That's REAL big and worldwide, congrats to them folks, that's some serious exposure, should get play in a lotta spots.

Apr 14, 2006
He just got shot recently and was in the hospital. I thik he got hit up by a drive by. Is he ok? I heard he was in critical condition. I think it happened right before Christmas if I remember correctly.

Oct 10, 2005
DJ Rob Fernandes said:
I been on this deejay record pool for about nine years now out here in the UK, each month I get like all the urban tracks the labels and A&R's think should get play in the clubs, in advance of their official release. In nine years the only Bay music that come up is 40, Goapele and recently The Pack. Major label business.

This weekend I got my latest batch of shit and I had to double take to see that Slo-O's cut wit Stlyes P (Breathe) was in there, Checkmate Muzik, Release TBA, 92 BPM. Full deejay breakdown. That's REAL big and worldwide, congrats to them folks, that's some serious exposure, should get play in a lotta spots.

goapele, 40, short, keak, and keyshia are the only ones who deserve to come up

May 12, 2002
dope.st
AMP said:
in 9 yrs you didnt get one too short track??
Sorry fam... yea I got sent Short tracks, that's a given, I don't always think to mention him in this context because he bigger than just Bay come up, he out in ATL and making that kind a music, its really normal to see his tracks.

And yea my bad, I had a few Keyshia Cole tracks over the past couple of years. But never Keak or no one else, I assumed it's only cats on major labels or who got worldwide promotion via major distributors or A&R's on lock.

And for that reason Checkmate deserve hella praise, that's a really well accomplished connect to get independent label music into the record pool used traditionally by the major labels to push urban music on radio and in clubs out here.