damn harvey pierre collapsed on the practice field today

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2008
apparently he has really bad migraines and just collapsed today. that's all bad for dude.

Percy Harvin experienced the scariest episode yet in a career plagued by migraine headaches when he collapsed at Minnesota Vikings’ practice Thursday and was taken to a hospital by ambulance.

Coach Brad Childress left team headquarters after practice and spent the rest of the afternoon at the hospital with Harvin, who also got visits from other coaches and teammates.

“Percy appreciates everyone’s concern,” the coach said in a statement posted on the team website Thursday. “He is alert and resting comfortably, but will remain in the hospital overnight.”

Harvin, who has dealt with migraines most of his life, returned to the field Monday after missing more than two weeks, but at the beginning of Thursday’s workout the wide receiver experienced another episode that was scary enough for the Vikings to halt practice while their teammate received medical attention.

Childress said that Harvin’s episode was triggered when he looked up into a mostly cloudy sky to field a punt during a special teams drill. Harvin went inside to see team physician Dr. Sheldon Burns, then came back out to the field.

Soon after, Harvin was seen doubled over and trembling. Players and coaches stood in front of him to shield him while reporters watched from a distance as Harvin received medical attention.

“I don’t know how they classify it,” Childress said after practice. “Not really a seizure, but he had some trouble over here. I’d be remiss if I tried to qualify it one way or another. It seemed like he was stable.”

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/08/20/1307974/harvin-collapses-during-practice.html#ixzz0xB6iukI2