dammm warriors

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 12, 2002
Knicks talk Van Exel deal

Nick Van Exel's crusade to join the Knicks this season could become a reality.
According to a league source, the Knicks and Warriors have discussed a trade that would bring Van Exel to New York and send power forward Kurt Thomas and point guard Charlie Ward to Golden State.

The potential deal makes sense for the Knicks, who have been in the market for an explosive point guard for the past decade. The Knicks also have an abundance of power forwards on their roster, including Antonio McDyess, Keith Van Horn and rookies Mike Sweetney and Maciej Lampe.

The Knicks would prefer to trade either Clarence Weatherspoon or Othella Harrington but have been unable to find any suitors.

Golden State got Van Exel from Dallas last month in a deal that included Antawn Jamison. Van Exel, who thrived in the playoffs last spring, said Wednesday that he would prefer to play for the Knicks.

By rerouting Van Exel to the Knicks, the Warriors could save a considerable amount of money. Van Exel is scheduled to make $11 million this season and $11.8 million in 2004-04. His contract for the 2005-06 season is not guaranteed.

Ward and Thomas will make a combined $11.3 million this season, which would make a deal for Van Exel work under the NBA's salary cap rules. However, Ward's $6 million contract can be bought out for $2 million.

Frank Isola

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
Go

wouldnt be surprised,warriors always find a way to get rid of their best players,what the fuck to they want with ward and thomas anyway? they wont make any impact
________
Ford Synus History

Sep 16, 2002
the warriors franchise disgusts me, i think im gonna go ralph...
what is the point of fucking rebuilding if , every year they trade away there fucking players??? they might as well just tear down the got damn arena, there is no point in a team to even exist when a schmuck like gary st jean is calling the shots...

Apr 12, 2003
THEY FUCKED UP. THEY HAD A GOOD THING GOING. IF THEY TRADE VAN EXEL THAT MEANS THEY BASICALLY TRADED THEIR BEST PLAYER FOR KURT THOMAS!!!!

WHAT COULD'VE BEEN.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
YOU CANT BLAME THE WARRIORS FOR THIS,VAN EXEL IS RUNNING HIS MOUTH DEMANDING A TRADE.HE FLAT OUT SAID HE DOESNT WANT TO PLAY FOR GOLDEN STATE" I WANT TO BE TRADED"..SO WHAT IS GOLDEN STATE SOPPOSE TO DO,KEEP AN UNHAPPY PLAYER ON THE TEAM TO FUCK UP THE MORAL OF THE REST OF THE TEAM...THEY DID WHAT THEY HAD TO DO..FUCK VAN EXEL..

Apr 25, 2002
www.mexica-movement.org
HERES A UPDATE ON EXEL,LOOKS LIKE HE'S STAYING

It's no secret that PG Nick Van Exel was not happy about being traded from the championship-contending Mavericks to the Warriors, but folks in Golden State are taking a low-key approach. "I feel for him," says Warriors G.M. Garry St. Jean. "It's like going out on a date with a beautiful girl and then being left out in the wind because she won't call you back." St. Jean says he has been in contact with Tony Dutt, Van Exel's representative, and has been assured that Van Exel will handle the trade professionally. He says he has not been given a demand, or even a request, to trade his new point guard. "We're going to give him some space and time," St. Jean says. "But we're going to earn his respect here, too." . . .

Jun 12, 2002
WiCkEd said:
YOU CANT BLAME THE WARRIORS FOR THIS,VAN EXEL IS RUNNING HIS MOUTH DEMANDING A TRADE.HE FLAT OUT SAID HE DOESNT WANT TO PLAY FOR GOLDEN STATE" I WANT TO BE TRADED
[/LIST]
i cant blame him they shoulda juss stayed with arenas and traded jamison.