D12 Rapper Shot & Killed...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
"Live by the gun, Die by the gun"

this all started when a rapper decided a carry a gun to the club......

i guess "throwing blows" was outta the question....what is this world coming to. I guess the fighting days are over. People are to affraid to "duke 'em", so instead they pull the trigger and either: A. Kill someone B. Prison or C. Get killed your damn self.

None the less a life is lost because of their cowardly thinking and mistakes. And he's not the one the suffered......it's his initial family that's gonna have the burden on their shoulders. Proof left behind 5 children with no more guidance. DOn't you think that as a father you have to set morals and standards? I know for damn sure that carrying a gun wit you isn't showing how to be a responsible father. I'm not trying to be disrespectful in any way but i just to point out a few things. The sad thing is that a life was lost in this altercation and the bodygard is in critical condition and will most likely not make it(not sure though).

Rest in peace Proof!

Mar 27, 2006
Word from the inner city of Detroit is Proof pistol whipped and shot this cat over a pool game and the bouncer which was the guy he shot's cousin shot Proof three times.

May 23, 2005
Man held over D-12 shooting
A relative of the second victim is in police custody

A suspect in the Detroit shooting involving D-12 rapper Proof is being held in police custody.

Mario Etheridge, a 28-year-old bouncer at the CCC club where the incident occurred, turned himself in and has been questioned by the Detroit Police Department.

Etheridge is a cousin of Keith Bender Jr, who was shot in the face during the incident and remains in critical condition at St John Hospital and Medical Centre.

The 28-year-old's lawyer, Randall Upshaw said that Wayne County authorities are looking to charge his client in connection with the shooting, reports the Detroit Free Press.

He added: "The understanding of every witness we've spoken to is that Proof pulled out a weapon. It was Proof that shot the first shot. Proof shot Keith in the face. And Keith was unarmed."

Police say Proof was shot three times in the head and chest after he pistol-whipped and shot Bender following a fight outside the club in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

A police spokeswoman said that if the rapper was shot in self-defence or to protect someone else, the person who pulled the trigger may not be charged.

Jan 28, 2005

"Like Toy Soldiers" was mainly about Bugz, a member of D12 that got shot and killed before Em got famous. He even says something in the song about "Not mentioning your name, but that was out of respect" and in the few bars before or after that line they blank out Bugz name.

There was nothing like eminem predicting proof would get shot if he didnt "Squash his beefs".

And on the real... Detroit is going fuckin crazy. Today on Linwood over on the west side there were four people shot in a party store, ages 5 years old to 41. And then there was 2 people shot tonight at C-Note night club also on the east side of Detroit off Van Dyke. Im starting to see some more crazy shit out in the suburbs of "Metro Detroit" myself, and I live 20 miles outside the city. I could throw a rock at a house where there was a couple murdered just early this year, february I think it was. The guy got his head butted in with and AK and the woman herself got sand poured down her throat before it was slit. I came to find out that the couple went to church with a family im close friends with, wich is why I know the details of the murder like that. Then some lady got abducted and raped in some apartments I lived in for a few years. I can definately see Detroit moving outward into the burbs, as far as the crime rate goes. With more auto plants closing and a slipping michigan economy, trust that you will hear more crazy shit on the news from dudes in this city. The murder rate is 25 percent higher than last year at this time, and I bet we'll end up in the top three for murder capitol this year. Sad but true man. It dont matter if you rap or not either... the way peoples raised in Detroit is crazy altogether... Ive had a few connects to people in the city, and I know when I was fuckin with them they would not hesitate to blast me if I did them wrong. Thats just kinda the mentality you get when youre raised in the rougher parts of detroit. Im bout ready to move someplace without no snow in the winter though. Any suggestions?

Jan 2, 2004
KillaClown said:
"Like Toy Soldiers" was mainly about Bugz, a member of D12 that got shot and killed before Em got famous. He even says something in the song about "Not mentioning your name, but that was out of respect" and in the few bars before or after that line they blank out Bugz name.
No.. That was about Suge Knight..

"It wasn't my intentions, my intentions was good
I went through my whole career without ever mentionin' .... (SUGE)
Now it's just out of respect for not runnin' my mouth
And talkin' about something that I knew nothing about
Plus Dre told me stay out, this just wasn't my beef
So I did, I just fell back, watched and gritted my teeth
While he's all over t.v. down talkin' a man
Who literally saved my life like fuck it i understand
This is business and this shit just isn't none of my business
But still knowin' this shit could pop off at any minute cuz "

Suge.. not Bugz... Bugz wouldn't have evened rhymed.. But, the video was probably inspired by Bugz' death in the fact that Em already knew what it was like to lose somebody close to him through hip hop, and he didn't want it to happen again.