(((cyber monday = 10% off of $50 or 15% off of $100)))

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2006
as a reply to the deleted where you said you have to pay 11.75$ extra on top of the usual shipping costs to ship something tracked:

international regular first class mail with usps (which is tracked automatically) never costs more as 6.50$ for 1 cd.
so whatever carrier you use dat forces you to pay 11.75$ additional to ship something tracked screws you.
if you want to strengthen your business you should switch to usps because the way lower shipping costs will bring you more buyers.

as a reply to the deleted where you said you have to pay 11.75$ extra on top of the usual shipping costs to ship something tracked:

international regular first class mail with usps (which is tracked automatically) never costs more as 6.50$ for 1 cd.
so whatever carrier you use dat forces you to pay 11.75$ additional to ship something tracked screws you.
if you want to strengthen your business you should switch to usps because the way lower shipping costs will bring you more buyers.
"First Class International Mail" doesn't include tracking. Every seller in the U.S. on this site can validate this. Sorry, but you keep getting bad information. We do appreciate you voicing your honest concerns. Thank you.

May 27, 2006
nope you wrong. you always get a trackingnumber with first class international shipping at usps. changed a few months ago. and it never cost more as 6.50 for 1 cd. just try it.

and who is we?

nope you wrong. you always get a trackingnumber with first class international shipping at usps. changed a few months ago. and it never cost more as 6.50 for 1 cd. just try it.

and who is we?
Tracking is not included. A "LC" number (depending on which customs form you have to fill out with your International shipment) is included with "First Class International Mail". This "LC" number is simply a customs number that is on the customs form that we/the sender has to fill out. This customs number/form will only state/show that the package has been accepted and shipped. It doesn't show the packages arrival/delivery. In order to combat fraudulent claims, the package/tracking information has to show that the package was "delivered" and the standard customs form that is included with the "First Class International Mail" doesn't do that.

We don't have to check it out, because we use it everyday.

"We" is myself and my staff of 2 (My sister, my 18 year old son and my IT/web designer).

Sorry, my man, but you are misinformed. You can add tracking to the "First Class Mail", but that's a separate charge.

Last edited:
May 27, 2006
From my personal experience i know the LC number is enough to win a paypal claim.

I know what difference you is talkin about its dat with those LC trackingnumbers the recipient doesnt have to sign to the mailman when he receives the package. But it doesnt change for paypal they care wether the package was sent out. And those LC trackingnumbers are not just numbers which show a package has been accepted & shipped they also show different places the package is at like for example the last place before crossing the boarder. Just not as detailed as the extra trackingnumbers you is talkin about.

Tho i was just saying because i know a lot people think your shipping costs are too high and you could attract more buyers if you lower em. Since i know the reason for your high shipping costs is to avoid claims i wanted to tell with the new usps shipping you can avoid those claims also by shipping it out much cheaper as with the extra tracking where the buyer has to sign always when he gets a package.

From my personal experience i know the LC number is enough to win a paypal claim.

I know what difference you is talkin about its dat with those LC trackingnumbers the recipient doesnt have to sign to the mailman when he receives the package. But it doesnt change for paypal they care wether the package was sent out. And those LC trackingnumbers are not just numbers which show a package has been accepted & shipped they also show different places the package is at like for example the last place before crossing the boarder. Just not as detailed as the extra trackingnumbers you is talkin about.

Tho i was just saying because i know a lot people think your shipping costs are too high and you could attract more buyers if you lower em. Since i know the reason for your high shipping costs is to avoid claims i wanted to tell with the new usps shipping you can avoid those claims also by shipping it out much cheaper as with the extra tracking where the buyer has to sign always when he gets a package.
We would love to save time and money when it comes to shipping costs, believe me. It would save us time and lot's of other costs. We do understand what you're trying to say and yes the "LC"/customs number will tell you the last place where the package was, before the package left the United States. The problem is that it doesn't show the packages delivery. It doesn't show anything else, once the package leaves the United States.

Pay Pal doesn't accept the fact that it's been shipped. We wish that they/Pay Pal did accept it, but the lack of "Delivery" is the only reason why we have recently lost a Pay Pal claim. The guy simply refused to pick up his item from the post office. Why? We don't know, but we think that he didn't want to pay Duties/Import taxes/VAT or whatever it's called in whoever's country. Now we're out of our money, the customer never had to pay and got his money back and our package is still stuck in customs in another country. We are the ones who lost out and lost out completely. All because of the fact that the package wasn't "Delivered".

As a matter of fact, I recently allowed non-U.S. customers to make purchases on our eBay store (I don't anymore do to that situation stated above). When I went to print out the shipping for "First Class International Mail", the eBay/Pay Pal shipping portal gave me a warning. This warning said that this was not an acceptable method of tracking for eBay and Pay Pal claims. Other U.S. sellers on this site can verify this as well.

"First Class International Mail" simply doesn't do what you thought it did.

Once again, I get your point and believe me... Nobody (including myself) doesn't want to charge anything extra to the customers, because it does stall potential business in one form or another. I don't know any business owners who would want to stall their business in any way, so please understand this. It's not a conspiracy theory to make money, because as you can see, I've broken this topic down from the top to bottom, including costs, types of shipping, automated shipping costs on our website and etc., I wish that we didn't have to do this, but we do.

It's no more your fault, then it is ours. I don't know why, but somehow or another the business or the person always takes the brunt of the blame for issues like this. When in reality, we have to deal with the B.S. just like you. The only problem is that we are simply here to sell, ship and provide help when we can.

Like we said...it doesn't make good business sense, so why would anybody want to charge or do something extra. We don't get to keep any of this money. We pay it to Pay Pal, eBay, the government and etc. This isn't some made up charge for personal gain. It is what it is. If somebody doesn't understand this after these past 2 threads, then I don't know how to help you understand. I would simply say that you don't want to understand at this point.

We (buyers & sellers) are in the same boat, going up the shitty creek.

Last edited:
May 27, 2006
I agree on the buyer & seller statement and i wish more people would see it like dis too.

I know from 2 different cases outside of ebay where those LC numbers let the seller win even tho the buyer never had to sign somewhere when he received the package.
But the fact alone dat the seller had proof he shipped the package was enough for paypal to decide in the sellers favor.
Now im confused because you say paypal dont accepts those numbers as proof but i have 100% evidence they was enough to decide in paypals favor. Just the fact the seller added one of those LC numbers with evidence its for the needed package was enough.

I never had to win a claim on ebay with an LC number so i cant say what happens in practice but i added em where it says "add trackingnumber" and never got a warning.
Tho could be you can add whatever there and you dont get no reply. Where did you get the warning? At the printing of the shipping address?

Its cool you take your time to go into details i want to understand the whole situation just like you, because i always search for secure ways to pay less shipping wether im buying or selling.

May 27, 2006
And the case you lost wasnt the situation like dis: you shipped it with extra tracking where the recipient has to sign when he gets the package?

In dat case if the client is not home and refuses for weeks to pick up the package at the post office (where the mailman will return it to after he couldnt get the recipient to sign for its arrival) the package will be shipped back to the sender. This process can be tracked as detailed as the different points it went thru while shipped the first way. So paypal will decide with the buyer because they have proof the package got shipped back to the sender.

Its different as with an LC number then.

I agree on the buyer & seller statement and i wish more people would see it like dis too.

I know from 2 different cases outside of ebay where those LC numbers let the seller win even tho the buyer never had to sign somewhere when he received the package.
But the fact alone dat the seller had proof he shipped the package was enough for paypal to decide in the sellers favor.
Now im confused because you say paypal dont accepts those numbers as proof but i have 100% evidence they was enough to decide in paypals favor. Just the fact the seller added one of those LC numbers with evidence its for the needed package was enough.

I never had to win a claim on ebay with an LC number so i cant say what happens in practice but i added em where it says "add trackingnumber" and never got a warning.
Tho could be you can add whatever there and you dont get no reply. Where did you get the warning? At the printing of the shipping address?

Its cool you take your time to go into details i want to understand the whole situation just like you, because i always search for secure ways to pay less shipping wether im buying or selling.
First off...thank you for asking. We appreciate it, because a lot of people are misinformed and one misinformed person can create thousands of other misinformed customers.

As far as the eBay thing goes...You can print shipping forms directly from your eBay listing. When we do this... your/the buyers information is already pre-filled, so we only have to add customs information, shipping weight and then pay for the shipping. The message/warning about "First Class International Mail" not being an acceptable form of tracking for eBay and Pay Pal is displayed right after we've clicked on the button to pay for those shipping costs. Due to this, I have to fill out the "Registered Mail" form and pay for that separately in person/at the post office. You can't purchase "Registered Mail" online, because only certain services are made available to senders via the eBay/Pay Pal shipping portal.

What else do you want me to explain? It's not a problem to explain any of this. Thanks.

I can't comment on those 2 cases, because they're not my case, so I don't have any of the necessary information to explain. I'm sure that you most likely don't have all of the pertinent information about those 2 cases and/or your understanding as to what happened may be slightly off. Like I said, I can only speak for my experiences. Besides every, and I mean every case is different. Everything depends on all not just a portion of the evidence.

Once again...I can't speak on those.

May 27, 2006
Ok thanks for clearin dat up. I never printed the shipping label at ebay so i never got the warning.

What makes me wonder is i had a case somebody in europe ordered a cd. The seller never shipped it. Around 45 days the buyer made a paypal claim. Then the seller realized he would loose his money and maybe better ship it, he shipped the package with an LC number so the buyer never had to sign when he received the package and there was no proof it really arrived but few days after the seller added the LC trackingnumber to paypal paypal decided the case to his favor.

I feel this warning is some way to force people still pay for the extra tracking, like also usps doesnt advertise this automatically tracking because they still want the people to pay for the extra tracking while the automatic number a sender gets meanwhile is pretty close to it.
Like some email programs tell me i cant open em with the browser i use and should get internet explorer or whatever but when i open em they work fine. Its just a warning to make me purchase something but in fact its not needed like the warning claims. Else i cant explain how people won paypal claims with an LC number but you say (which i totally beleave) ebay tells you those numbers arent enough to make sure you save from non receipt claims.