Cultural Differences

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2003
webmedia.bcit.ca
I am starting to see a lot of threads here that relate directly to cultural lifestyles and backgrounds and I am begining to ponder a few things. So I have come up with some questions to ask people here!

What is your culture, how did you grow up, and what does it mean to you from a personal lifestyle point of view?

I myself don't give a rats ass what my culture or any culture expects of me. I respect other people's cultures, but often notice nobody respects mine. To put it to laymans terms: I will respect your shit because it is your shit, but don't expect me to do the same shit you do!

I draw my own conclusions and cut my own paths, enough said.

To me, cultural pride is another form of group mentality! And I have often been called a hater, disgrace, and a sellout for what I do differently rather than being treated equally for what I have in common with the people despite my differences!

Apr 8, 2004
First, I'd like to say I don't really respond to cultrual post too much but I read what's being said in them. I just kinda stay away from them cause they usually go from a topic of discussion into ignorant shit. But, im gonna taccle this one..I'm blacc, I don't consider myself afro-american cause my roots didn't originate in america. Don't know what part of Africa, nor do I care, I just know they're there somewhere. Growing up I was always isolated, kept to myself, just like I do now. Grew up around alot of gangstas, violence & hate. Not only was it in my neighboorhood, but mostly in my immediate family which made it even worser cause I was "always" around it. To make a long story short, it was all I knew so obviously I feel into that same path. As far as my point of view of other cultures, etc.. It's all good, I use to think if you didn't come from where im from you ain't shit. I wasn't looking too much at race when I felt that way, it was more necessarily if you didn't go through all the shit I did you were looked down upon. If you came up better than me I didn't like you straight up. I was never racist, nor have I've had any encounters with it with the exception of this one time I was out on work furlough. I guess since were in the vicinity off officers this dude thought he could say nigga around me, he didn't call me one, shit he wasn't even talking to me but I still slapped the fucced out him. Good post though, one.

Jul 7, 2002
first generation mexican/american (chicano). grew up where 98% of the pop was of mexican orgin. no racism, till i moved to fresno. but i haven't seen it much. my roots go back to guanajuato mexico, and i read up on mexican/chicano history, and latin american history. still consider myself mexican, still speak spanish, my kids will do the same.

Feb 9, 2003
nefar559 said:
first generation mexican/american (chicano). grew up where 98% of the pop was of mexican orgin. no racism, till i moved to fresno. but i haven't seen it much. my roots go back to guanajuato mexico, and i read up on mexican/chicano history, and latin american history. still consider myself mexican, still speak spanish, my kids will do the same.
Yup same here. Born in Mexico City raised in the Bay. When I was younger I went to a school that was 98% mexican. In my 1st and 2nd grade classes instead of ESL they had EFL (english first language!) all the white and black kids were sent somewhere for like one hour a day while the rest of us learned in Spanish. My father is lucky enough to know Nahuatl, I hope I can learn it also then teach it to my kids, because I'll be damned if they ever become Americanized or learn English before Nahuatl or Spanish. :siccness:

Feb 9, 2003
I know very very little. My dad knows a hell of a lot more, supposedly they used to teach it back in the day in Mexico, they don't anymore. Fags!