cubase sx2 help please thank you

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2004
i am having a weird issue with cubase, all of a sudden it started doing an auto quantize (even though it wasnt selected) and it takes the note played from the contraller and puts it at the beginning of the loop. i have went over all the settings and even just started selecting weird ones and nothing happened. if someone could help i would appreciate it because it is fucking irritating.

May 21, 2002
dude, i dont have cubase, but did you try to uninstall it then reinstall it.there should be an easier way, but if u cant find it, try this.you know, add/remove programs. itll be like starting over.

Mar 11, 2004
"Select & then deselect auto-quantize. If that doesn't work then consider buying it instead of using a pirated copy."

that wasnt very nice man!!!

actually that was a huge bug for sx, i finally figured it out after about 3 hours of research. it actually had to do with the emulated midi ports, i had to take a file and move it into another folder, reinstall the drivers (even though the one i was using was most current) and everything was all good. strange problem that is for sure.

and i found it on the cubase forums but it took some trial and error to actually get it working.

Jun 12, 2004
deepsleeprecords.com
If it's what I am thinking it is then Bane is right. Damn, finally someone using something other than pro tools.

The file is called "ignoreportfilter" and should be in a folder within the SX directory. Place the file in your SX directory and select a non-emulated port within Cubase SX.

Apr 25, 2002
That fix is crazy! Sounds like you had to do some digging to find it so congrats on that! Glad I've never experienced the problem myself.

The Steinberg forums are generally good about having answers. Even to problems only related to the cracked versions which is pretty funny.

Mar 11, 2004
man you have no idea, i would play a note then 2 notes would show up, then i would do it again and then it would quantize out as far as i could scroll to the left then i would play another one and it would quantize to the smallest setting, it was really strange. then when i did the fix it wouldnt work unless i did things in a certain order and of course the order of doing it was completely opposite of what everyone was saying.

needless to say its fixed and im tired......lol