cubase/sample

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

28g w/o the bag

politically incorrect
Jan 18, 2003
metro's jurisdiction
siccness.net
you mean assign each key to a drum sound?

i'm not sure how to add sounds on NI kontakt as i haven't really messed with that, but on halion you got to open the keyspan (i think its called) window and drag the sound files onto there

i hope you're not attempting this with the "halion one" that came bundled with cubase studio 4 because i don't think thats the same thing

but other than that, i solely use NI battery for drums.

::

Apr 26, 2006
yeah I use battery for drums

And for for many sample situations I use a free vst called "Disco DSP"...Very easy and straight forward
Are you talking about discoDSP "HighLife" ? Because discoDSP is the name of the company.

On a side note, "GURU" is supposebly a really good VSTi plugin for drums as well. Haven't tried it, but judging by it's GUI it looks really nice and the features seem good. Kinda like an MPC, but software.

You also don't need to neccessarily "sample" VSTs, you can play & record them through midi and on playback, the sound will be processed in realtime. Of course it takes a CPU hit if you got a lot of VSTs running at the same time, but in that case you can always record your VSTs as audio files or bounce them out to audio files.

Are you talking about discoDSP "HighLife" ? Because discoDSP is the name of the company.

On a side note, "GURU" is supposebly a really good VSTi plugin for drums as well. Haven't tried it, but judging by it's GUI it looks really nice and the features seem good. Kinda like an MPC, but software.

You also don't need to neccessarily "sample" VSTs, you can play & record them through midi and on playback, the sound will be processed in realtime. Of course it takes a CPU hit if you got a lot of VSTs running at the same time, but in that case you can always record your VSTs as audio files or bounce them out to audio files.

Im not sampling vst's. I need a vst that samples? You know I got some once shot drum wav files but can not use em with my cubase beats. So i need to bring em in cubase and sample em you dig me

Apr 26, 2006
Im not sampling vst's. I need a vst that samples? You know I got some once shot drum wav files but can not use em with my cubase beats. So i need to bring em in cubase and sample em you dig me
I think what you need is something like Battery, GURU, FL Studio. Just load your one-shots into those programs. You can also try "Virtual Drum," it's a freeware drum sampler, it ain't bad.

amvst.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=38
Copy & Paste

If you need to EDIT your .wav files, try a program like Audacity or Adobe Audition.