Crash

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 17, 2002
Did anyone like Crash? I liked it but they did use the extreme stereotypes for many of the characters in the movie. My friend i was with hated it, he thought it was way depressing, but i thought it was really good.

It's funny though cuz me and my wife can always relate to movies like that (I'm Asian, adopted by a white family; she is Black). Even though people are getting more accepting of people overall, there are still a lot of ignorant and racist ass muthafuckers out there.

Jun 23, 2002
this movie sucked ass, i mean im pretty easily enertained but this was garbage...ludacris is a decent actor tho..it was funny they had a persian guy as one of the characters since im persian....other than that....dont waste your time and money

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
I thought the movie was coo..finally seen it tonight...it really made you think...I recommend it to anyone..

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Although like Mistadon said the movie used extreme stereotypes for alot of the characters I thought it was a really good movie. I kind of think they stereotyped that way on purpose to tie in with the whole racial tone of the movie.

Personally I thought it was a great movie and I recommend it...just don't be in the mood for a happy go-lucky or uplifting type movie when you see it.

Nuttkace

May 17, 2002
Maybe what the movie represented was that we all can, at times, become more of the extreme stereotype of hatred or prejudice. Like when we with our homies and we make insensitive jokes about others (gay jokes, etc.).

I was once jacked by some belizeans and for a while there i was not too fond of any of them. Looking back on it, i was hella dumb in my thinking, but we all can get caught up and make blanket staements and have blanket thoughts when our emotions and feelings get involved.

Aug 20, 2004
Nuttkase said:
I kind of think they stereotyped that way on purpose to tie in with the whole racial tone of the movie.
Thats exactly why the director did that....this is one of the movies i have on my "to watch list"...

On another note...has anyone ever seen THE OTHER Crash that came out in '96???VERY different plot...lol...

Crash

Dec 19, 2003
Gringo Starr said:
Thats exactly why the director did that....this is one of the movies i have on my "to watch list"...

On another note...has anyone ever seen THE OTHER Crash that came out in '96???VERY different plot...lol...

Crash
That's the one I thought they were talking about when I first saw the thread. Boy was that movie disturbingly bad.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
'im not mexican im peuirto rican'
"well tell me how did all these various disperatre cultures come together and all decided to park their cars on their lawns"

that shit had me fucking ROLLING.

the movie was about race relations, of course the stereotypes were on purpose