Countdown to David Stern's retirement!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
Adam Silver: 'We fully expect we'll return' to Seattle in future

The NBA's Board of Governors turned down the relocation of the Sacramento Kings franchise on Wednesday, but future commissioner Adam Silver added that the city of Seattle will be on the league's mind moving forward.

With the NBA Board of Governors' decision Wednesday not to allow the Sacramento Kings' relocation to Seattle, commissioner David Stern and future commissioner Adam Silver said the league will keep the city in mind down the road.

"We fully expect to return there one day," Silver, who will take over for Stern after this season, said of Seattle.

The league wasn't put off by the aggressive nature of the Seattle groups' push to land an NBA franchise, and Stern added there were "generalized" talks of expansion in the board of governors meeting. He said there would be "fair dealing" and "consideration" for Seattle as an eventual place for an NBA team, but that wouldn't be a discussion until after the league finalizes its TV contracts set to expire after the 2015-16 season.

The league is expected to enter into deep negotiations about new TV rights deals this summer, Sports Business Daily reported earlier this week.

Stern called Wednesday's vote a win for Sacramento, not the NBA -- the decision was to keep the Kings in Sacramento, not to short-change the city of Seattle. The 22-8 vote against relocation ended an agreement between the current owners, the Maloof family, and the Seattle-based ownership group led by Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and hedge fund manager Chris Hansen.

After the Seattle group raised the offer that put the valuation of the franchise at what would have been a record $625 million this week, Stern said that it did nothing wrong. Sacramento had an advantage because of its incumbency.

Adam Silver: 'We fully expect we'll return' to Seattle in future - SBNation.com

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
David Stern is the best commissioner any sport has ever had. I understand why Seattle cats don't like him. But he turned the NBA into globally watched sport, and opened doors for international players to play here to name a few things.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
bucks dont get thier stadium and bounce (2017) to seattle is the only real shot they got this decade.

I gives a fuck about a david stern, NBA has and always been dope to me.

Mar 16, 2005
David Stern is the best commissioner any sport has ever had. I understand why Seattle cats don't like him. But he turned the NBA into globally watched sport, and opened doors for international players to play here to name a few things.
flopping, pd refs, stars who collude. yes he may have turned on alot of overseas fans but he has also turned off alot of US fans as well.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
There will always be issues with the game. He's better than Roger Goodell. That fool is going to kill the NFL if given enough time. But David Stern still sucks. I'm a Thunder fan and I'm hella happy they are here, but between that whole fiasco, the blocked CP3 trade to the Lakers, and the situation with the Hornets/Pelicans, that fool needs to go.

Jan 18, 2006
Goodell could be the worst commissioner ever and the NFL will still have the most viewers. Its just more exciting then any other sport. I actually dont recall in the 90's being this bad but the officiating in the NBA is at an all time low and that falls on Stern. They literally played big roles in the Heat winning there championships and the league shoving the Lebron era down our throats. Most forced legacy ive ever seen just to try to compete more with the NFL

Oct 10, 2005
somebody been listening to too much Barkley lol

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Goodell could be the worst commissioner ever and the NFL will still have the most viewers. Its just more exciting then any other sport. I actually dont recall in the 90's being this bad but the officiating in the NBA is at an all time low and that falls on Stern. They literally played big roles in the Heat winning there championships and the league shoving the Lebron era down our throats. Most forced legacy ive ever seen just to try to compete more with the NFL
NFL being more exciting is your opinion. In my opinion, with the most exciting possible event happening in any sport, no sport compares to boxing or mma in terms of excitement.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Lol this is why i cant even take the nba seriously anymore. Shit is a farce and fake as fuck

Nov 20, 2013
Global sport? he couldn't even manage to bring pro ball to new york!