Computer questions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
www.geocities.com
- If your graphics card has a tv out, can you use a tv instead of a monitor?

- When you put a the bits in the casing like processor, graphics card and mother board, can you jus pick it all up wit' ur hands or do you need some kind of anti-static equippment?

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

©úrrëntP¤ð said:

- When you put a the bits in the casing like processor, graphics card and mother board, can you jus pick it all up wit' ur hands or do you need some kind of anti-static equippment?

You just need to ground yourself. Touch something metal. Dont work inside your computer on carpet. You can use a grounding strap to be extra safe.

May 3, 2002
Its best to ground yourself by just flipping the switch in the back of your computer thats near the power supply right near the blag cord coming out, leave the cord there and use a grounding stap.

May 14, 2002
©úrrëntP¤ð said:
- If your graphics card has a tv out, can you use a tv instead of a monitor?

Yes you can or you can use both.. it depends on your graphics card. but best is to use your monitor and use your tvout when you watch a movie or something.

I never used some anti static equip. but it's better if you use it tho.. it also depends on the ground you stand on.. [ a static carped ] and it also depends on your shoes or clothes but the best thing you can do it thouch something what's made out of steel to release any charges you might have in your bodie.

May 13, 2002
www.geocities.com
Re: Re: Computer questions

iaoish said:
Yes you can or you can use both.. it depends on your graphics card. but best is to use your monitor and use your tvout when you watch a movie or something.
Yeah i kindof new that, but i was kinda thinkin' of using a tv instead of a monitor to save space cuz i don't really want to screens together in a small room. But i don't suppose uninstalled graphic cards will ouput straight to a tv from 1st bootup of my system, id have to use a monitor to instaLL the card 1st wouldn't I?

--- What's that "powder compound" for on the processor used for?, do i actually need it?

May 14, 2002
Re: Re: Re: Computer questions

©úrrëntP¤ð said:

Yeah i kindof new that, but i was kinda thinkin' of using a tv instead of a monitor to save space cuz i don't really want to screens together in a small room. But i don't suppose uninstalled graphic cards will ouput straight to a tv from 1st bootup of my system, id have to use a monitor to instaLL the card 1st wouldn't I?

--- What's that "powder compound" for on the processor used for?, do i actually need it?

my card does put his shit out on the tv on startup but when you format your comp I think you need your monitor to instal it tho and the graphics on your monitor are to vage [ sp ? ] to use for regular use... I just use it to watch movies and shit [ 29" tv ]

and that powder with the processor I think you mean 'cooling gel' you should use it on the place where you put your processor it helps to cool the processor but I'm not sure if you mean that tho.