Computer Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.grim64131.freeservers.com
I got a labtop from my boy, the problem with it is that it has administrative passwords on about everything, I cant do jack shit with it as far as installing new stuff, deleting stuff, etc...

was wondering if I was to reinstall windows on it if that would get rid of whatever admin blocks that were on it before

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Yeah, when you run the Win XP cd at bootup, choose to "Partition" the hard drive, then select "Full Reformat". This will wipe everything off.. the format might take a couple hours and to install XP it takes another hour.

If you have Vista its probably a similar method but ive never formatted with a vista cd.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Psilo707 said:
Yeah, when you run the Win XP cd at bootup, choose to "Partition" the hard drive, then select "Full Reformat". This will wipe everything off.. the format might take a couple hours and to install XP it takes another hour.

If you have Vista its probably a similar method but ive never formatted with a vista cd.

thanks bro. labtop laptop same fuckin difference lol.

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Hey thanks yall I got it all set up, now my question is, I thought I would be good and be able to use the product code from the XP I got on my desktop but its saying I cant do that when I enter it...is there anyway to get around this, I mean fuck I purchased my desktop, why cant i use that fuckin code/disc again on my other computer

Grim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I just called the number, it was an automated bitch...answered some questions and entered my pc code, they asked if I had registered it before, I said yes, they asked if my pc has crashed before and I had to replace the processor or motherboard, I said yes, and they hooked me up with a new code....smokin a fat ass blunt now